• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I am against red flag laws. Why ? Because they take away peoples' guns without due process of law. They take away the guns on unsubstantiated charges based on good or bad information, true or false accusations, without letting the accused face his accuser, have legal representation, or even appearing before a judge first. The proponents SAY that the accused can have his day in court, but only AFTER the guns have been taken away. And even IF the guns are returned (doubtful) the act of confiscation remains on the accused's record.
    I have written the President over this, and have warned him that he will lose millions of votes if he supports red flag laws. I also told him that if he supports any changes to the background check laws for private sales between private individuals that he will lose the election.
    I urge you all to do the same. The contact address for the White House is:
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
    DK Firearms

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It started out with "red flag laws" in Germany, where people had to prove to their government that they are worthy of owning a gun and could show a special need to have one for self-defense, and now look at them:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-road-terrifying-sword-attack-Stuttgart.html

"Hysterical bystanders screaming at the suspect to stop as he stands over his helpless victim in the middle of the street". Yeah, screaming is about the only form of self defense left in Germany. For now anyway. Soon they're gonna make that illegal, too.

Germany actually has very strict laws against what you can say, and it’s even criminal to give someone an offensive hand sign...like the finger.

Some detail here

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-dozens-of-raids-over-online-hate-speech/a-49080109

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yep. If someone’s so “dangerous” that they need their second amendment rights taken away, then why should they be free to drive cars, use knives, or be out in the public? There are plenty of ways for a mass killer to do harm without guns.

Mass knifing in Kali today (4 dead, 2 injured) Wonder if they took his guns away and thought they were safe...

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    It started out with "red flag laws" in Germany, where people had to prove to their government that they are worthy of owning a gun and could show a special need to have one for self-defense, and now look at them:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-road-terrifying-sword-attack-Stuttgart.html

"Hysterical bystanders screaming at the suspect to stop as he stands over his helpless victim in the middle of the street". Yeah, screaming is about the only form of self defense left in Germany. For now anyway. Soon they're gonna make that illegal, too.
    Multiculturalism is so great

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Multiculturalism is so great

BvxVT5LCMAAz87n.jpg

Attachments

• BvxVT5LCMAAz87n.jpg
      BvxVT5LCMAAz87n.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 322

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    I just made this video, I heard John Lott speak about this yesterday and he pointed out the mental health safety committals exist in almost every state. If concerned citizens would use them you wouldn't be putting the Police into harms way, and vica versa, you don't get killed by a SWAT team who gets the wrong house.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I didn't watch the video, but I'm beginning to believe that we need to support some type of red flag law as long as the rights of the individual are protected by adequate due process.

Since most of the mass shooters gave off evidence of their mental distress, a viable red flag law Matt have prevented and intervened.

As gun supporters and shooting sport enthusiasts, I believe we can no longer drag our feet on this issue. We must make it a mental health issue, not a gun issue, and help support it.
    Yes, Red Flag Laws will help protect us(BS) and stop mass shootings(more BS).
    Just like the gun laws in Chigago have stopped the gang violence.(even more BS)
    And L.A, and N.Y. City, and Detroit,,,,,,and everywhere that have strict gun laws.(as if the above wasn't enough BS)

Ok, someone answer me this.
    On the Federal level alone we have more than 70,000 laws and fed regulations. Add in 50 states with their laws. Not to mention county and city.

How many laws until it there are too many and it is too burdensome for criminals to break them?

I'll wait.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You have it all wrong wrong wrong.

It was not a mass stabbing it was a guy that was simply on a robbing spree so its all good oh ya he happened to be a gang member but thats no problem.

Trust me its what the network news told me.

Mass knifing in Kali today (4 dead, 2 injured) Wonder if they took his guns away and thought they were safe...

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Germany actually has very strict laws against what you can say, and it’s even criminal to give someone an offensive hand sign...like the finger.
    Some detail here
    https://www.dw.com/en/germany-dozens-of-raids-over-online-hate-speech/a-49080109
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, let' s copy Germany. We could let in unlimited numbers of undesirables...er...I mean illegal gate-crashers from whatever craphole countries and make our citizens pay to give them everything that they want for free.
    Oh, wait ! We already DO that ! On second thought, Let's copy Japan. They only have one race and one culture. It is too late to do that here, but we have always allowed people to come here as long as they assimilate AND BECOME AMERICANS. (Americans believe in rugged individualism and self-reliance, and hard work to get ahead. Most LEGAL immigrants understand and do this Just look around at Sam's Club. They are buying supplies for their small restaurants and small businesses.) You can't keep your flag or your allegiance to your old country. You must learn English, and teach your kids to be Americans. In Japan they don't allow many foreigners into their country, and they severely restrict what those foreigners can do while they are there.Look at Paul McCartney. He went to jail in Japan for breaking their drug laws. And the former head of Renault, the French car company, Carlos Ghosn. Still in jail for breaking their laws (allegedly). Those guys are rich and famous, and they still had to obey the laws. We need to kick out all of the illegals that are here. Even if it is 30 million.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Freedom of speech is under attack along with this. We won’t be able to tell an edgy joke, because that will become “evidence.”

Husband says that with red flag laws that he won’t be able to chew out our stupid neighbor for the dumb ass things she does (like getting the city inspector all snooping around everywhere here because she made a call about our other stupid insane neighbor because she doesn’t like him).

So if he chews her out (again), she could call and say she felt threatened because she knows we carry and he’s unhinged because he yelled at her and called her a stupid bitch (which she is).

These red flag laws will drive normal people underground with their speech even more and hurt lots of innocent people.

I don’t think that they will be crafted in a way that’s fool proof infringement-wise and due process-wise, and I do think that even if they are, they will be easily abused to target innocents.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I really appreciate the good comments here that give me different slants to mull over with this.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    These red flag laws will drive the right wing underground with their speech even more and hurt lots of innocent people.

Lets be honest about who this is targeting. They don't want anyone expressing views contrary to globohomo's. Red flag laws are just the foundation for what will be abused on a large scale 10-20 years from now.

Don't want to get arrested, have your rights stripped away and bankrupted by the courts? Don't disagree with the communist agenda. Anyone who supports this needs to go jump off a cliff. That includes crenshaw

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Lets be honest about who this is targeting. They don't want anyone expressing views contrary to globohomo's. Red flag laws are just the foundation for what will be abused on a large scale 10-20 years from now.

Don't want to get arrested, have your rights stripped away and bankrupted by the courts? Don't disagree with the communist agenda. Anyone who supports this needs to go jump off a cliff. That includes crenshaw
    Yes AND others though.

You know how many weird, edgy kids I treat who trust me enough to talk to me in treatment? A LOT. Can’t commit them all.

You know how many are gonna talk to me if I have to give the disclaimer that if they say ONE word about anything south of Vanilla that they will be hauled into a looney bin? None.

And if I don’t tell them and that is just what we start doing as a discipline, then word will get around and no one will talk in treatment.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I dare anybody to try and tell the difference between the hundreds of edgy weird kids with shitty or no parents who come into treatment and the one who will do something like this.

I’ve sat calmly in a private therapy session with a man in the hospital who later left the hospital and murdered his wife and lover. There was no warning.

And a lot of things that ARE presenting as warnings, we are tasked to apply the factor of imminence. If something is not imminent, we are to do nothing, commitment wise.

The only thing I can think of is that red flag laws could mandate treatment (outpatient if no imminent threat) instead of 2A stuff. But I don’t think I like that one ANY better.

Top Bottom