Redskins no more

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
I have never bought an NFL ticket, ever. Nor have I bought any NBA tickets.

I have bought a few MLB tickets, and would again. Love me some baseball.

I had actually planned on taking a vacation to the Southeast this year to watch minor league baseball. I was going to see a game at all the minor league parks in Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas. Watching baseball is my happy place. And a friend has a condo in Orange Beach, AL that he said I could use. It was going to be home base.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
I don't pay sports figures and haven't in decades.
I am now there.

I dropped baseball, basketball last century. I may have watched a few Cowboys games depending on circumstances, I watched a few major NASCAR races like Daytona or Texas. And now, NO more of those either.

I could tolerate overpaid crybabies, but I cannot tolerate the injection of politics into sports. Sports is where I went to ESCAPE politics.

m5215

Pistoleer
Sep 3, 2018
Plano, TX
For all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on those who were oppressed, they need to shut the whole team down. Their entire name is racist. If they continue to play they should completely change their name and refund every ticket that was sold with their racist name and make all future games free to those who have been oppressed by them. ;)

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
I could tolerate overpaid crybabies, but I cannot tolerate the injection of politics into sports. Sports is where I went to ESCAPE politics.
I agree, it's reached critical mass for me as well.

I am also there with college football and basketball. Amateur athletes that have been given a disproportionate amount of leverage because they are athletes.

And that sucks because I really enjoy sports but I'm not going to feed the beast anymore.

OLDVET

Well-Known
Dec 14, 2009
Richardson, Texas
For all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on those who were oppressed, they need to shut the whole team down. Their entire name is racist. If they continue to play they should completely change their name and refund every ticket that was sold with their racist name and make all future games free to those who have been oppressed by them.
Say what?? Surely you jest.

rotor

Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
For all the pain and suffering they have inflicted on those who were oppressed, they need to shut the whole team down. Their entire name is racist. If they continue to play they should completely change their name and refund every ticket that was sold with their racist name and make all future games free to those who have been oppressed by them. ;)
I never watched them but can I get reparations?

lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
I have been going to my grandchildren's games. Pay for sports has turned me off for good this time. I used to live right behind the High School. My house backed up to the football field. My neighbor and I built a deck as high as the top rail of the fence so we could party and watch the football games. Some of the best times I had till I bought and moved away. I pay to see sports not hear someone whine or complain about things. Keep your personal junk off the field and do what you are paid to do, play ball!

mdf9183

Jun 15, 2018
Bastrop
Just proves you should never say never.

Top Bottom