referalls to a good dealer in Houston for an FFL transfer?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by strecharmstrong, Mar 17, 2008.

1. strecharmstrong

strecharmstrong New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    i am looking to buy a Sig 226 from Bud's online. have never purchased online before, and looking for a good dealer to get my FFL transfer through.

have any of you had any good experiences with local dealers? what did they charge you for the transfer, and how enthusiastic were they to help you?

thanks

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

3. strecharmstrong

strecharmstrong New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston. i thought i put that in the thread title. :)

thanks, but not in Austin. i found a directory on Impactguns.com - looks like the average going rate is anywhere from $10 to $35. some throw in perks like free range fee with transfer.

just wondering who has had good experiences with who. i am a little skeptical to send a brand new Sig to a mom n pop operation run out of someone's house. i also don't want to deal with an a-hole dealer who really doesn't want to be assisting an online sale.

thanks again

4. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I used them for the first time in January. They had some problems with BATF changing the address on their license but they have that straightened out now. Really nice people. Their charge is $20.

Just my $.02

5. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm an idiot, I just realized you mentioned the city in the thread title. ;)

6. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

You might call shiloh shooting range and talk to Jeff.
    they are great people there 281 520 1038 and tell them Dennis told you to call.

7. Madhouse

Madhouse Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    What part of town are you in? If you're anywhere near NW, Pruett's Guns and Ammo is a great store to do a transfer, I've done a couple with them.

8. Pappy

Pappy Resident Septuagenarian

Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    I second Pruetts. On Hufmeister, off 290.

9. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    There is a thread specifically for FFL's in Texas over at the Texas CHL forms HERE

Many of them charge only $10 for members. Good Luck!

10. 713832281

713832281 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Houston TX, USA
    there is someone on glocktalk who charges 10 bucks.