referalls to a good dealer in Houston for an FFL transfer?

strecharmstrong

Mar 17, 2008
i am looking to buy a Sig 226 from Bud's online. have never purchased online before, and looking for a good dealer to get my FFL transfer through.

have any of you had any good experiences with local dealers? what did they charge you for the transfer, and how enthusiastic were they to help you?

thanks

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

strecharmstrong

Mar 17, 2008
It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.
Houston. i thought i put that in the thread title. :)

thanks, but not in Austin. i found a directory on Impactguns.com - looks like the average going rate is anywhere from $10 to $35. some throw in perks like free range fee with transfer.

just wondering who has had good experiences with who. i am a little skeptical to send a brand new Sig to a mom n pop operation run out of someone's house. i also don't want to deal with an a-hole dealer who really doesn't want to be assisting an online sale.

thanks again

dbgun

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX.
I used them for the first time in January. They had some problems with BATF changing the address on their license but they have that straightened out now. Really nice people. Their charge is $20.

Just my $.02

Madhouse

Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX
What part of town are you in? If you're anywhere near NW, Pruett's Guns and Ammo is a great store to do a transfer, I've done a couple with them.

Mar 4, 2008
Houston TX, USA
there is someone on glocktalk who charges 10 bucks.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members