referalls to a good dealer in Houston for an FFL transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strecharmstrong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    i am looking to buy a Sig 226 from Bud's online. have never purchased online before, and looking for a good dealer to get my FFL transfer through.

have any of you had any good experiences with local dealers? what did they charge you for the transfer, and how enthusiastic were they to help you?

thanks

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

strecharmstrong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    It would help to know where you are located in Texas. ;) If it's in or around the Austin area, I've done a transfer through Red's before: http://www.redsguns.com/

They're great guys to deal with, though they recently raised their transfer fee to $50 which is pretty expensive.

Houston. i thought i put that in the thread title. :)

thanks, but not in Austin. i found a directory on Impactguns.com - looks like the average going rate is anywhere from $10 to $35. some throw in perks like free range fee with transfer.

just wondering who has had good experiences with who. i am a little skeptical to send a brand new Sig to a mom n pop operation run out of someone's house. i also don't want to deal with an a-hole dealer who really doesn't want to be assisting an online sale.

thanks again

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I used them for the first time in January. They had some problems with BATF changing the address on their license but they have that straightened out now. Really nice people. Their charge is $20.

Just my $.02

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    You might call shiloh shooting range and talk to Jeff.
    they are great people there 281 520 1038 and tell them Dennis told you to call.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    What part of town are you in? If you're anywhere near NW, Pruett's Guns and Ammo is a great store to do a transfer, I've done a couple with them.

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    There is a thread specifically for FFL's in Texas over at the Texas CHL forms HERE

Many of them charge only $10 for members. Good Luck!

Top Bottom