• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The gun industry ought to band together and quit selling, supporting and providing assistance to those places, LE agencies being first on the list. Kinda like Ronnie Barrett did with his rifle and the places where civilians can't own it.

Anybody point out that the criminals could sand off that little bit of technology from the firing pin, and make their plan worthless??

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm more than certain someplace in Texas would love to have both of 'em.
    Come on down boys, the water is fine!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm more than certain someplace in Texas would love to have both of 'em.
    Come on down boys, the water is fine!

Agreed and this was absolutely ridiculous

“Their main product isn’t even semiautomatic guns; the main thrust of what they do are long guns and military contracts,” Schimel told FoxNews.com. “As a former businessman, it would be foolish for them to leave the New York market. They are getting a lot of money from the state.”
    Implementation of microstamping technology would cost roughly $12 per gun and would go a long way to helping solve crimes, she said.
    “That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.”

It's unfair of them? They shouldn't wait for this to possibly be passed they should start scouting sites and building the new facilities.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Bring it on you commies! I hope they both move on West and hurt their economy. I hate to sound so cold, but if the people are going to put up with that BS from their elected leaders, then they've made their bed, time to lie in it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I lived up in NY for a few miserable years, not too far from the Remington plant in Illion. They have a really cool museum there with great guns and artifacts. Custer was a big fan of Remington and wrote them a letter. Annie Oakley was at one time a factory rep for Winchester and her husband for Remington. Some of the retired machinists used to make their own blackpowder rifles from scratch and shoot at the gun club I belonged to. (They didn't have public gun ranges.) I think Remington has already moved most of their stuff overseas anyway.

Still, if they moved to a more gun-friendly state and installed some newer equipment, they could be making some good guns and screwing those greedy and stupid bastards that run NY out of a lot of tax money!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Microstamping, or ballistic imprinting, is a patented process that uses laser technology to engrave a tiny marking of the make, model and serial number on the tip of a gun’s firing pin to allow an imprint of that information on spent cartridge cases.

That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.
    If the microstamp goes on a spent case the bullet has been launched. How does that save lives?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Agreed and this was absolutely ridiculous

“Their main product isn’t even semiautomatic guns; the main thrust of what they do are long guns and military contracts,” Schimel told FoxNews.com. “As a former businessman, it would be foolish for them to leave the New York market. They are getting a lot of money from the state.”
    Implementation of microstamping technology would cost roughly $12 per gun and would go a long way to helping solve crimes, she said.
    “That’s the new threat: to move where that [gun] friendly state is,” she said. “It’s unfair of them to resist sensible regulation to save lives. It does not impact lawful gun ownership at all.”

It's unfair of them? They shouldn't wait for this to possibly be passed they should start scouting sites and building the new facilities.

So, I fail to see how a little stamp is going to "save lives" Is it going to be smart or something and stop itself from firing if its going to be used in a crime? Hmmmm

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Well hello, Remington and Colt.
    There are vast pieces of land here in San Marcos that would be wonderful places for you to set up shop whenever you decide to come on down.
    Right in the center of Texas (kinda), and pretty much in the middle between Austin and San Antonio. Several good railroads, a major highway that cuts right through us, and a first class civil airport that was once an airbase, so it's got the runway to handle larger planes than most local airports.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The gun industry ought to band together and quit selling, supporting and providing assistance to those places, LE agencies being first on the list. Kinda like Ronnie Barrett did with his rifle and the places where civilians can't own it.

Anybody point out that the criminals could sand off that little bit of technology from the firing pin, and make their plan worthless??

Yup.
    at that point the line between criminal and concerned citizen become blurred..

Bring it on you commies! I hope they both move on West and hurt their economy. I hate to sound so cold, but if the people are going to put up with that BS from their elected leaders, then they've made their bed, time to lie in it.

agreed.
    the only place you can stick those jerks where they'll feel it is in their wallets.
    I say they get to poking!
    (inb4 OOCQT transfer)

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    For the life of me I can't figure out why so many firearms manufacturing companies have elected to stay in the north. Expensive labor, hostile local governments in the larger cities and state legislature. The north does have a boat load more manufacturing capabilities than most of Texas though. There to here is night and day, coming from an ex-Michigander. Here we tend to have little strip malls filled with dairy queens etc. North has lots of little mom and pop job shops.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Use a revolver and take the cases home with you!

Or worse yet, stop by your local range and pick up a few of someone else's used brass if you really want to mess with them!!!

It's all BS legislation that fed to the ignorant masses that inhabit such areas. What happens when a stolen gun is used in a crime, you have now gathered no more evidence then you would have if it wasn't micro stamped.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Well hello, Remington and Colt.
    There are vast pieces of land here in San Marcos that would be wonderful places for you to set up shop whenever you decide to come on down.
    Right in the center of Texas (kinda), and pretty much in the middle between Austin and San Antonio. Several good railroads, a major highway that cuts right through us, and a first class civil airport that was once an airbase, so it's got the runway to handle larger planes than most local airports.

Plus we have plenty of natural Gas to run your furnaces on.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    But would our Senators protect their special interests & federal contracts like they do up in Yankee-land?

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

Top Bottom