• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

Rush job on editing due to newborn. Just a quick look at the new rifle.

Missed some points i wanted to add in later but i figured id just post the video and let people know these are hitting the shelves now.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Remington made and then ruined the 700 along with Marlin. The 700 was the 20th century benchmark sniper rifle. Now they are trying to CYA and fix their company wide systemic abortions.

If I ever buy a bolt gun it will be a savage. Remington has really screwed themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Remington made and then ruined the 700 along with Marlin. The 700 was the 20th century benchmark sniper rifle. Now they are trying to CYA and fix their company wide systemic abortions.

If I ever buy a bolt gun it will be a savage. Remington has really screwed themselves.

These RR prefix 700s are not too bad.

They certainly did/do have some issues but some of their internal guys have been working to refresh the company and resolve those issues.

The release of these 6.5 creedmoors are still behind the curve but a nice addition none the less for both people who build and those that dont.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have an early 70's model 700 and I love it. Great craftsmanship, awesome finish, and a super-smooth action.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock

Yeah I’m with ya
    My 700 feels cheap

My savage is awesome

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Freedom Group has a major hole to climb out of. I earnestly hope they succeed. I've got some old Rems & Marlins I dearly love.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

I've read lots of good things about the Bergara B-14 HMRs. If I hadn't already blown my wad on an AI that's the one I'd check out.

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    Have to disagree on the Marlins. Yes, they had issues when production was first moved from New Haven, CT to Ilion, NY in 2010, but by and large those problems have been worked out by now. There might still be leftover stock from that era on store shelves and in distributor warehouses, so a buyer needs to check SN for production date and inspect carefully before commit to a purchase. I did that at my FFL when I recently bought two brand new 336C in 35 Remington. Fit and finish are excellent and consistent. They both shoot great too.

Marlin quality weren't all that great when Freedom group picked them up. The machinery were antiquated and production relied heavily on skill craftsmanship, which can be good and bad. With modern CNC production, quality is consistent once dialed in.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've read lots of good things about the Bergara B-14 HMRs. If I hadn't already blown my wad on an AI that's the one I'd check out.

The bergara has some nice upgrades over the typical 700 but still has some quirks. Right now theyre still hard to beat for a factory setup unlike remington where the only thing theyve got to offer is a junk magpul stock compared to bergara hmr. Too bad bergarausa didnt keep to the same specs as the european counterpart. They have much thicker and longer barrels.

Top Bottom