Join TexasGunTalk

Review of The Movie "World War Z"

Discussion in 'Man Cave' started by ROGER4314, Jul 13, 2013.

1. TxDad

TxDad TGT Addict

Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    The camera shaking/moving so fast really killed it for me. That to me is not a good sign of a good movie. It can be overdone and lose its effectiveness.

2. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    We saw it yesterday at the Drafthouse. I didn't think much of it. Have a hard time turning my brain off in movies.

1. T-boned at full speed with your little girl sitting in the floorboard and she walks away?

2. One handed knife swing chops off entire wrist?

3. Walks miles and miles with 18" piece of metal impaled through torso, after dropping from 8 feet?

4. Sat phone battery which pilot pronounced dead in prior scene powers right on and makes life-saving phone call?

5. Magically picks the right serum out of 200 other bottles?

Guess I should have known what I was getting into, since the entire movie premise involves zombies.

PS: I sure would rather fight walkers from WD than WWZ zekes.

3. Miloe

Miloe Member

Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    Didn't care for the way the zombies would bite someone and immediately run and bite someone else.
    No eating people for these zombies, guess that would have upped the rating or something.

4. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    We liked the movie - one of the best zombie movies I've ever seen.

I did laugh at the Pepsi product placement late in the movie. Wow, really blatant!

5. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Except that he drank a grape soda while he was standing at the machine, and then hit the lever lever and all that came out were Pepsis.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  6. sonuvaTXgun

sonuvaTXgun TGT Addict

Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I know I'm a few days late but I can't help but comment.

I read the book as soon as it came out a few years ago. There's actually a prequel to WWZ called "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks. IMO, the survival guide was much better than WWZ because it was informative, funny, and just downright cool. The book and movie have absolutely no correlation whatsoever. The book is just a compilation of firsthand accounts of people experiencing the zombie war. I'm not saying not to read WWZ but don't expect the book and movie to have anything to do with each other. All in all, both books and the movie are great entertainment and I will definitely read/watch them again.

Sent from the middle of a field somewhere

7. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I bought the zombie survival guide just cause I figure it'll have some good general knowledge in it. Never even heard of world war z till the movie came out.

8. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I use to have the zombie survival guide on my kindle before it got broke. Pretty entertaining read.

Also read another of his books that was composed of zombies through out human history and found it to be pretty good if your in to that stuff.

Lots of stories based around just enough fact and real events to make it believable while your reading.

It's obvious he puts a lot of thought in to his books to tie in some reality.

9. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I also have the zombie history book lol

10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't like fast zombies, lol....