• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Whatever RINO gets the GOP nod is irrelevant. Ron Paul still gets my vote because it's the right thing to do. If everyone continues to vote for the lesser of two evils - liberal Republicans or liberal Democrats, it doesn't matter - we really only have a one party system. Ultimately Dr. Paul is a libertarian at his core and I think that's the kind of thinking that can reverse this downward spiral that the U.S. is freefalling into.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    Whatever RINO gets the GOP nod is irrelevant. Ron Paul still gets my vote because it's the right thing to do. If everyone continues to vote for the lesser of two evils - liberal Republicans or liberal Democrats, it doesn't matter - we really only have a one party system. Ultimately Dr. Paul is a libertarian at his core and I think that's the kind of thinking that can reverse this downward spiral that the U.S. is freefalling into.

+1000000

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    I will probably not vote except my conscience this upcoming election, unless there is a really and truly good candidate to vote for, and that man I'll vote for regardless of his "chances." That said, it is good to see that Gov. Perry finally got up some gumption today...

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Proclamation] Gov. Perry Adds Legislation to Special Session Call Relating to Security Procedures

Chances are he was catching some FLAK for his earlier stance.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

The VAST majority of people in this country are somewhat in the center politically. The biggest problem I believe we have is a political party structure that is no longer repairable, serviceable, etc... The endless cycle of "Vote RIGHT or vote LEFT" just keeps the water swirling in the big political toilet.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    Republicans are in a must win situation. They must pick a winner. Bush beat out two loosers by a close margin. One thing for sure, we need to clean out the White House and the 100 man nut house. If Perry can excite the left wing states, he can win. It will take one strong person to clean up this countries state of affairs. We need to go back to being the toughest SOB on the block. We need to kick NATO and foregin policy in the ass and use the aide in this country.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    When I read articles like this I have to admit that Perry would be better than MANY others, but definitely not my first choice

Texas Tells Feds: Shove Your Light Bulb Ban - Texas - Fox Nation

Here's my whole stance with Perry's embargo of federal monies is he goes "we don't want your money, we don't want your money, don't tell us how to use it because we don't want your money." But as soon as something happens within the state, such as the recent tragic wildfires "please come into our state and deem it a disaster zone so we can get that money. we want that money."

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Can't trust him. He was going to stab us in the back over the TSA groping bill in the special session until a video of a guy catching him in a lie got circulated.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Here's my whole stance with Perry's embargo of federal monies is he goes "we don't want your money, we don't want your money, don't tell us how to use it because we don't want your money." But as soon as something happens within the state, such as the recent tragic wildfires "please come into our state and deem it a disaster zone so we can get that money. we want that money."
    Federal dollars often come with strings attached and more government control in states that accept the money. Often it turns into unfunded mandates dictated by the feds. I believe these are the things Perry mostly objects to. Federal disaster relief, on the other hand, would be a case of us getting back some of the billions in tax dollars we as individuals send to Washington.

Top Bottom