• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    What's that carved in the forearm of the center AK? Looks like "Canezo".
    I think it says Cahezu. Hard to tell that guy had terrible carving hand writing. It says Manu clearly on the other side and possibly GORE? The buttstock is covered in stuff too. Including 007 lol.
    20180114_184411.jpg

20180114_184459.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is a pistol but I figured it would be appreciated in this thread.

Features I particularly enjoy: side charge upper, knurled flash “hider“, Victor Optics reflex sight, deep forest green paint, UTSA Roadrunner laser engraved PMAG. (San Antonio Laser Engraving)

The reflex sight does have a quick disconnect but the pop up sights are perfect co-witness.

This pistol is a blast to shoot. It’s loud af and has a basketball size flash.

The lower I used on this build is actually one that I offered here on TGT for $20. It had some milling errors and I didn’t feel like messing with it at the time. But, I got the itch to build an AR Pistol so I went ahead and made the corrections myself. This included using Allen bolts and brass dome nuts instead of the pivot and takedown pins. (Zoom in on the left side and you’ll notice the brass dome nuts.)

c7034f9b9d9bd9b1883376bd7d60fb0e.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This is a pistol but I figured it would be appreciated in this thread.

Features I particularly enjoy: side charge upper, knurled flash “hider“, Victor Optics reflex sight, deep forest green paint, UTSA Roadrunner laser engraved PMAG. (San Antonio Laser Engraving)

The reflex sight does have a quick disconnect but the pop up sights are perfect co-witness.

This pistol is a blast to shoot. It’s loud af and has a basketball size flash.

The lower I used on this build is actually one that I offered here on TGT for $20. It had some milling errors and I didn’t feel like messing with it at the time. But, I got the itch to build an AR Pistol so I went ahead and made the corrections myself. This included using Allen bolts and brass dome nuts instead of the pivot and takedown pins. (Zoom in on the left side and you’ll notice the brass dome nuts.)

View attachment 129667

Isn't it preferable to mount the optic to the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    Isn't it preferable to mount the optic to the receiver?

I’m not aware of a preference but if you have experienced advice I’m willing to learn.

It’s currently mounted where it feels most comfortable acquiring a site picture. I received the sight yesterday so I haven’t actually fired the pistol with it on.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m not aware of a preference but if you have experienced advice I’m willing to learn.

More of a question.
    (Edit: I have no idea how "autism" made it into that sentence.)

No experience here, only what I've read various in threads and articles from keyboard warriors.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's important to remember that we're talking about an AR pistol and not a long range precision rifle.

If you can't mess with the rail and see it move you aren't going to be able to see any 1/16 moa movement when shooting and it's not like the rail has a bipod transferring pressure to it.

There are situations where I might recommend against it, but for this I just don't see the issue.

Respectfully
    Some guy on the internet

Top Bottom