• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It's Austin, the bell cow of leftist/progressivism in Texas, expect weirdness and confusion in all things..

Condolences to those who didn't know Austin before the late 70's ...

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It's Austin, the bell cow of leftist/progressivism in Texas, expect weirdness and confusion in all things..

Condolences to those who didn't know Austin before the late 70's ...

I’ve never experienced so many left-lane bandits, as I have in and around Austin highways.

Is this a thing any of y’all have noticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I’ve never experienced so many left-lane bandits, as I have in and around Austin highways.

Never drove in or through Austin but Arkansas was the worst so far for me in terms of left-lane bandits.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    One major point that seems to being missed here is a right turn on red is an option, not a requirement.

Go ahead and spew about how someone failing to do so holds up others, but there is nothing under Texas Transportation Code §544.007(d)(1) that forces a driver to turn right on a red light when and where allowed...

(d) An operator of a vehicle facing only a steady red signal shall stop at a clearly marked stop line. In the absence of a stop line, the operator shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection. A vehicle that is not turning shall remain standing until an indication to proceed is shown. After stopping, standing until the intersection may be entered safely, and yielding right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully in an adjacent crosswalk and other traffic lawfully using the intersection, the operator may:
    (1) turn right; or
    (2) turn left, if the intersecting streets are both one-way streets and a left turn is permissible.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

Houston seems to be the same way. Of course, here, traffic laws are merely a suggestion.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    One major point that seems to being missed here is a right turn on red is an option, not a requirement.

Go ahead and spew about how someone failing to do so holds up others, but there is nothing under Texas Transportation Code §544.007(b) that forces a driver to turn right on a red light when allowed...
    Yep, you can always be that one dickhead that phuckes with everyone's else's day just cause they can. Drive one mile per hour under the limit lined up 3 abreast so no one can get by.

The same folks that ask all kinds of stupid questions at the end of meetings dragging them out just to hear themselves talk. Forcing everyone to waste an hour.

They are in their own little world.

Lol. I'm just poking fun at those folks.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    The Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices is NOT the law and therefore irrelevant. The fact remains the red arrow is pointless and only serves to add confusion. Avoid Austin: check.
    You are right!

However...

As a Civil Engineer myself I can tell you that the TXMUTCD does represent state regulation and is part of the Uniform Vehicle Code. Rest assured that it can be used against you in court especially if you cause an accident, or worse yet get someone killed.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    If y'all's minds blow up over people failing to turn right at a red light, wait till you encounter an ijet sitting in a left turn lane on a one-way street failing to turn left onto a one-way street. :D
    Driver education, just like the rest of education in this country, failed us decades ago and it shows. People know neither how to drive right nor how to vote right.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Seems pretty simple to me.

A red arrow means you can't go that way.

Keep your douchebaggery in Austin please. If you honked at me in that situation you'd be honking more as we sat through the next cycle.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I get the sentiment, but at that point you end up being an ass to the poor souls stacking up behind that guy. Back up and puncture his radiator with the hitch instead.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Left turn lane lollygaggers.

Idiot, in the left turn lane, leaves 5 car lengths between his Prius and the Prius in front of him, then, when the light changes to green, corners slow as he can, making sure that the light turns red just before he speeds up, insuring that no one behind him makes the light.

A maneuver that was apparently perfected in Austin in the late 90's ... a city where favored intersection traffic lights only change every five minutes.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If y'all's minds blow up over people failing to turn right at a red light, wait till you encounter an ijet sitting in a left turn lane on a one-way street failing to turn left onto a one-way street. :D
    Driver education, just like the rest of education in this country, failed us decades ago and it shows. People know neither how to drive right nor how to vote right.
    We could just send em to gulags. Or contract with the CCP to run some reeducation camps.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, you can always be that one dickhead that phuckes with everyone's else's day just cause they can. Drive one mile per hour under the limit lined up 3 abreast so no one can get by.

The same folks that ask all kinds of stupid questions at the end of meetings dragging them out just to hear themselves talk. Forcing everyone to waste an hour.

They are in their own little world.

Lol. I'm just poking fun at those folks.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of f:eek:ckers out there that get all wound up about having to sit at a light for a minute or two.

And at least these drivers are still operating under the allowances of the law.

It's all those f:eek:ckers who feel they can do whatever the f:eek:ck they want on our roads that are endangering us all.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Taking full advantage of the laws designed to keep traffic moving safely isnt quite doing what ever they want.

I propose those who drive too slow sit thru lights for no reason are the ones doing what ever they want.

1635807383496.png

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Left turn lane lollygaggers.

Idiot, in the left turn lane, leaves 5 car lengths between his Prius and the Prius in front of him, then, when the light changes to green, corners slow as he can, making sure that the light turns red just before he speeds up, insuring that no one behind him makes the light.

A maneuver that was apparently perfected in Austin in the late 90's ... a city where favored intersection traffic lights only change every five minutes.
    I'll just pull in front of someone like that while theyre stopped.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

Go ahead and spew about how someone failing to do so holds up others, but there is nothing under Texas Transportation Code §544.007(d)(1) that forces a driver to turn right on a red light when and where allowed...
    Well, it also says may for a green light too. Guess you're not forced to go on a green light either

544.007 (b) An operator of a vehicle facing a circular green signal may proceed straight or turn right or left unless a sign prohibits the turn. The operator shall, while the signal is exhibited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, it also says may for a green light too. Guess you're not forced to go on a green light either

544.007 (b) An operator of a vehicle facing a circular green signal may proceed straight or turn right or left unless a sign prohibits the turn. The operator shall, while the signal is exhibited:

Well, considering how many people run red lights in this state, it's not a bad idea to blindly drive through an intersection just because you have a green light!

Top Bottom