Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    About a month ago, both my car and truck were suddenly inhabited by roaches. They're not the big roaches that come in off the trees nor are they babies. They're just midsize.

We don't have them in the house. I don't leave food in the vehicles. In fact, I don't treat/store/use the vehicles any different than I have over the last 20 years when I didn't have roaches in them.

It's weird that roaches showed up in both places at the same time. That leads me to believe there's some outside factor that I haven't identified.

Any ideas? And has anybody here ever bug-bombed their vehicle?
    Lynx Defense

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Any cardboard? roaches can eat more than you're willing to...

I've used bug-bombs in an RV before, but not in a car/truck. If you can get a small enough one should be fine... most leave a powder residue, not liquid.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You didn't happen to keep some cardboard boxes in them, did you? I've heard that roaches love the glue from those and will travel with the box.

I haven't bombed a vehicle, but I would sure try it.
    I've bombed my travel trailer a few times for flying insects.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have bombed a truck I bought. Found ants in there. Tore it apart looking for a source and never could find where they were coming from. I bombed it during a rainy week and left it sealed up for 4 days. They were still alive and well. They stayed in that truck for months until winter came. I guess they froze. I know they may go for the battery area because of the heat. Roaches may do the same? All this rain may have something do with it.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Roll the windows up, spray about 10 seconds worth of Raid flying insect killer around the interior. Try not to spray directly on the seats or dash. Leave it closed up for 1/2 an hour. That will kill the roaches. You may have to drive around with the windows down a while to get the Raid smell out.

They could also be in the engine compartment or the trunk of the car, if so quipped.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a similar issue, but with moths, recently in my suburban.

I’d be driving, one would appear, I’d kill it, another would appear some time later...lather, rinse repeat.

Then it just stopped.
    I still have no idea what the hell was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    All my life. I've never seen roaches in a car. I've been in some funky cars too. Brother found a huge Japanese Beetle. Dead. It was iridescent green. About a inch long.

Roaches? Never.

Top Bottom