• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    About a month ago, both my car and truck were suddenly inhabited by roaches. They're not the big roaches that come in off the trees nor are they babies. They're just midsize.

We don't have them in the house. I don't leave food in the vehicles. In fact, I don't treat/store/use the vehicles any different than I have over the last 20 years when I didn't have roaches in them.

It's weird that roaches showed up in both places at the same time. That leads me to believe there's some outside factor that I haven't identified.

Any ideas? And has anybody here ever bug-bombed their vehicle?
    Hauling firewood.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    That is a good hypothesis, if it weren't for the fact that I have hauled no firewood.
    Left it parked in/near the forest/ wood lot for a while. Leaf litter build up stuck somewhere for a while.

Pissed off ex borrowed it.

Hauling BOXES of fresh produce.

Plastic walmart bags.

Somebody near by where they are both parked cut down a big old tree.

I've seen those big old Oaks hit the ground and it look like roaches EXPLODED from it and ran in all directions. I keep a 2 gallon fruit sprayer full of insecticide near by any time I cut a tree in a hundred feet of a building.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ok, but what confuses me is that the damn things showed up in both vehicles at the same time. One was parked, the other in daily use.

That seems really odd to me.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Never heard of that problem but I assume you have transferred absolutely nothing from one vehicle to the other? If not, someone's paying you back or even worse...your yard is infested?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Never heard of that problem but I assume you have transferred absolutely nothing from one vehicle to the other? If not, someone's paying you back or even worse...your yard is infested?
    Multiple inspections of the lawn show no problems. I don't think anyone is out to get me.

I keep wracking my brain to remember what I might have transferred between the two. I suppose there must be something but I am not remembering. :)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Maybe someone in a neighboring house had large tree limbs knocked down in a recent storm? I see roaches coming from two major sources. 1. sewer/manholes, and 2. Trees.

With a lot of rain, sewer/storm drain roaches might get chased to new environs. With down trees/limbs, tree roaches are most definitely a thing. Beyond that, I haven't got a clue.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Never heard of roaches in a vehicle. But that would sure bug the heck out of a person.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe someone in a neighboring house had large tree limbs knocked down in a recent storm? I see roaches coming from two major sources. 1. sewer/manholes, and 2. Trees.
    The neighbor next door did some major tree trimming right next to where my vehicles are parked about the time the roaches showed up.

I don't know why that didn't occur to me before. Thanks for jogging my memory. I think we have a winner. Now I just need to bomb 'em and be done with it.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Problem solved.

Now go get ya one of those big 20 pound bags of Sevin dust and lawn spreader to dust a 10 foot wide barrier around your house, garage, barn, property line.

Get a big plastic tarp to fit over an entire vehicle. Sevin dust an entire pad on the ground under it then cover it and use one of those in house bug bombs in it.

Adamant_Narwhal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2018
    Williamson County
    About a month ago, both my car and truck were suddenly inhabited by roaches. They're not the big roaches that come in off the trees nor are they babies. They're just midsize.

We don't have them in the house. I don't leave food in the vehicles. In fact, I don't treat/store/use the vehicles any different than I have over the last 20 years when I didn't have roaches in them.

It's weird that roaches showed up in both places at the same time. That leads me to believe there's some outside factor that I haven't identified.

Any ideas? And has anybody here ever bug-bombed their vehicle?
    I've heard that you should be careful about but bombing a vehicle, as they are designed for specific square footage, and will essentially get into the fabric and AC system due to the concentration, which then becomes a health hazard to you.

Awile back I had ants in my car, luckily they were just sugar ants other wise I would have been a lot more aggressive. They loved the AC vents, so in the summer when I'd turn on the AC I'd get pelted with them every couple of minutes. Eventually I saw that they weren't going away, so I bought a bunch of traps and set them around the vehicle, seems to have done the trick.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Corps of Engineers recommended putting a circle of Babbo-Ajax-Comet type cleanser on the ground around each of your tires to keep from taking any of their crazy ants home with you from their campgrounds. Probably wouldn't evict already present winged roaches.

Top Bottom