• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The Ruger Mark IV looks to be an awesome .22lr. Seems to be a great improvement over the Mark, I, II, and III series. I was considering an S&W Victory, but this has swayed me back to Ruger.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Oh man, I didn't know this was coming at all. Looks like a really nice gun.

EDIT: Whoa, MSRP of $769 for the Hunter model. I know you'll see them for well under MSRP when they're on the shelf, but that's a pretty serious chunk of change.

Last edited:

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    As an owner of MK I, II, & III pistols as well as the new S&W Victory, I can safely say that Ruger has out done S&W in making the MK IV even easier to handle and work on.

That said, I still love all of my MK series pistols and the Victory, too.

Sadly, the cost of a MK IV is prohibitive to my getting one any time soon. At nearly $800 for the Hunter version, it's priced way above even the new Victory. Now, I do realize that most people won't have to pay MSRP, but even at a standard retail discount, these MK IVs are stupid expensive, by comparisson.

Ruger finally perfects a great design and prices it out of reach for us poor commoners. They have been getting increasingly more expensive across thier whole line for years. At the prices they are demanding, I consider this a slap in the face for Ruger's core market.

I'll wait for a 2nd or 3rd hand piece that I can get for reasonable money.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    It will be interesting to know the 'street price' as supplies become plentiful(gun folks are known to pay a significant premium to be an early adopter, that's for sure...Can you say "Glock 43" ? ) ;) I'll be one who waits until the dust settles from the introduction flurry. One the other hand, I'm pretty happy with my 22/45 and Victory pistols.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    In a world of $250-300 22LR pistols an $800 gun just won't sell. But then Ruger found out the hard way a high priced bolt action rifle in 44 mag would not sell either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It will be interesting to know the 'street price' as supplies become plentiful(gun folks are known to pay a significant premium to be an early adopter, that's for sure...Can you say "Glock 43" ? ) ;) I'll be one who waits until the dust settles from the introduction flurry. One the other hand, I'm pretty happy with my 22/45 and Victory pistols.

Agreed, I really want a Mk IV but I'll wait until the prices are a bit more reasonable. I don't need to be one of the first to own one, as within months that "notoriety" means nothing...

Cheers! M2

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    They always have, without exception.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Maybe you guys missed it but the entry level Target version retails for $529, so street price should be in the $400 ballpark.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Maybe you guys missed it but the entry level Target version retails for $529, so street price should be in the $400 ballpark.
    Right, they're available for less than the numbers I was referring to but I'm interested in a longer barreled 22lr at the moment so that's what I went to.

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Probably not, but it seems the ease and speed with which you can take down the gun is light years better than previous versions.

That being said, I'm a tinkerer and rather enjoy messing around with parts and whatnot.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I picked up a plain 5.5" Mk III with a bull barrel on sale for $250 a few months ago. The standard old breakdown which isn't hard. They do have fancier versions but they all plink the same.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I honestly do not believe that this gun will do anything that my stable of MKIIs can't do as well or better.

As long as you don't need the mag to actually eject and don't mind the unnecessarily complicated breakdown, you're probably right...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As long as you don't need the mag to actually eject and don't mind the unnecessarily complicated breakdown, you're probably right...
    I can break down and reassemble a MKII in about 20 seconds. If it is too difficult for someone to break down/ reassemble then maybe you should spend more time becoming familiar with your tools and how they work.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Fucking Grinch...

Maybe, but the fact remains that the only reason we got stuck with the less than adequate MKIII is so Ruger could continue to sell in California. It is less of a pistol in every category. The IV may have some improvements over the III, but I seriously doubt it will function with almost any ammo as well as, and for as long as any MKII in terms of rounds fired without malfunction before having to be cleaned.

When an afternoon at the range is 1000-1500 rounds, this little detail matters a lot.

Top Bottom