• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    How about the Akaban aka An-94, seems to be a unique weapon.

I don't know about Abakan (besides Abakan - is the town in Russia).

Not long ago I have learned from Internet, that average Russian places Washington in Kanzas,
    and avarage American place Moscow where stands Abakan. This is some psycologocal trick.
    The resultant precipitation of the objects' information...

I dont know for sure why, but Washington, by my apprehention should reside in Kanzas,
    though I have learned from school that this is not.

Some words about unique weapon - may be "yes". And that is why IMHO:
    I have learned from my experience, that there are different AK-s as concerns
    to the performance. Some AK-74 are better then the AK-sisters in the series and
    some are excellent. The appearence of the excellent AK in series to drop as low as to 1:5000.
    Military bosses know well the situation, extract and store those pieces apart from others
    (as I know was right in the middle 80-s).

I had a great chance of my life in shooting with such a "special" AK-74.
    (This is a long story to tell.) No special marks, no special nothing - just as normal
    as the serial AK-74. But excellent.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ive done some research The russkie's are going to the ak-200 for the regular red army its being built by izhmash. The an-94 is used by spetsnaz.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Ive done some research The russkie's are going to the ak-200 for the regular red army its being built by izhmash. The an-94 is used by spetsnaz.

Man, that an-94 is one ugly rifle.

800px-Izhmash_Nikonov_AN-94_GP-34.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    The an-94 is used by spetsnaz.

The Red army spetsnaz is no more... (a Google translation from russian source):

Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff was "optimized" in the simple operation.
    The observation of the situation "as is" - the military intelligence in Russia no longer exists.

This week (09.29.2011) it was reported on the resignation of Chief of GRU (Russian Military Intelligence)
    Colonel-General Alexander Shlyahturov.

"Actually, we can say that the military intelligence in Russia no longer exists. When Alexander Shlyahturov: reduce the number of teams for special purposes and to reassign their commanders to military districts, almost entirely destroyed emissary apparatus; problems on the "production" of information in fact was not put. Those parts of the unit and radio and space exploration, which remained receive commands from the "experts" specialized genera and species of the troops. Central office, including analytical units, reduced to a minimum. In September came the directive to dismiss Makarov NachGSh (Chief of Headquaters) superannuation, to whom it should be. And the rotation in the military districts for those to whom the dismiss in the civilian world would too early.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Its fine for a righty too if you practice with it. I can charge an AK faster than an AR, the charging handle is in a much better place IMO.

Im a righty also, and can get them changed pretty quick. 100% agree on the charging handle in a better spot, just wish it was on the other side. Once I find an extra bolt carrier, im welding up another handle on it.

Top Bottom