Guns International

Rust prevention on a constantly sweat covered gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    One product that helps is Militech One, its a military issue dry lube/ metal protectant..... Goes on like any other gun oil then dries. It bonds to the metal, and does not collect dust and dirt. I carry a Kimber TLE/RL II
    For work, in 100+ degree heat and
    Me and the gun get covered in talcum fine rock dust every day. Its subject to persperation as well... No rust, and the dust comes off with a blast of air. I love this stuff, and use it on my pocket carried 638 bodyguard as well.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    if you can find somone to do it for you, a clear coat of DLC should do the job.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    One product that helps is Militech One, its a military issue dry lube/ metal protectant..... Goes on like any other gun oil then dries. It bonds to the metal, and does not collect dust and dirt. I carry a Kimber TLE/RL II
    For work, in 100+ degree heat and
    Me and the gun get covered in talcum fine rock dust every day. Its subject to persperation as well... No rust, and the dust comes off with a blast of air. I love this stuff, and use it on my pocket carried 638 bodyguard as well.

I've heard somewhere before that Miltech One is good stuff. I wished I'd had some yesterday as a friend and I were South of Ozona, TX about 5 miles into the valley were Ft. Lancaster is. I'm sure it was at least 106 and not a breath of breeze. The "roads" (using the term loosely!) were just beige dust-like talcum powder two inches deep. Where would one acquire some Miltech One?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Get a Glock or go with a modern finish like Robar Roguard or Np3. For $100-250 you will never have to worry again about rust.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    Welcome Charlie, you will really like that stuff. One other point is that it wont burn / cook off from a hot barrel like regular
    Oils will.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    It has a NSN# and units buy it.... I use it with great success. I have used breakfree clp, it came out when I was 15 yrs old... And quite frankly the mpro7 clp is better, and non toxic. Breakfree soaks right into your skin and makes your nerves tingle... I found that out 34 yrs ago lol
    The only thing you can glean from the barfcom link is that nobody agrees on what they like. I use the mpro7/ Hoppe's Elite line of cleaners.
    But dry dirty/ dusty I use Militech because dirt dont stick to it.... Which is the point.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    It has a NSN# because at one time the military allowed units to buy it, but it has been pulled and Militec keeps printing the NSN# on the bottles to pretend it is still issued.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    It still works for me as stated and I will continue to buy it. Breakfree came out when I was about 15 and I used it a while till it started affecting the nerves in my hands ( its not good for you) i use the mpro7/ Hoppes Elite line for clp cleaners as they are non toxic . I clean my milsurps after corrosive with Ballistol, which is the first military issue clp! Used by the German military in WW1 and WW2

Top Bottom