• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Still, that's why there's FTF sales, and the reason I want to primarily do those from now on. It's no one's business what I buy. ;)
    Hurley's Gold

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    do not transfer any information about the firearm except if its a handgun or long gun. Only when its a multiple firearm purchase we have to go into detail,

So, if somebody purchases more than one firearm (in a single transaction), they fall under additional scrutiny or additional paperwork is generated? I now get the impression that you should only buy one at a time?

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    So, if somebody purchases more than one firearm (in a single transaction), they fall under additional scrutiny or additional paperwork is generated? I now get the impression that you should only buy one at a time?
    that is my understanding. If you buy multiple firearms from the same dealer, they have to notify the ATF of a multiple firearms sale. thats why most people will wait 7 days inbetween purchases.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    htxred said:
    that is my understanding. If you buy multiple firearms from the same dealer, they have to notify the ATF of a multiple firearms sale. thats why most people will wait 7 days inbetween purchases.
    Not exactly.

You can buy a tractor-trailer load of long guns at one whack, if you like with no extra paperwork than the 4473 (and the reams of paper necessary to list all the serial numbers).

It's handguns that generate more paperwork if you purchase more than one at a time.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    htxred - I appreciate your input, and I know technically it's against the law to just show up and demand copies of 4473 by the local LEOs - but technically it was against the law to N.O. police/military to steal private arms in the post Katrina mess.

Let's get something strait right now - laws are meaningless to criminals, this is true even if that criminal is wearing a state-issued costume.

While CHL holders do skip the NICS check - what do you think the odds are of the DPS knowing you have a CHL, and what are the odds that someone who holds a CHL owns a weapon? That's a moot point.

Also what do you think happened to all the records from FFL holders that surrender their license or have had it revoked for whatever reason? That's right, the BATFE takes them........and they are such nice people after all........

And all these things are why I wanted to double check this story - because it is PLAUSIBLE. Not likely, but possible and I wanted to prove or disprove it - thats all.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    you suck at google. lol. but yea thanks, good info to know.

Title 18 U.S.C. § 923(g)

(3)(A) Each licensee shall prepare a report of multiple sales or
    other dispositions whenever the licensee sells or otherwise
    disposes of, at one time or during any five consecutive business
    days, two or more pistols, or revolvers, or any combination of
    pistols and revolvers totalling two or more, to an unlicensed
    person. The report shall be prepared on a form specified by the
    Attorney General and forwarded to the office specified thereon and
    to the department of State police or State law enforcement agency
    of the State or local law enforcement agency of the local
    jurisdiction in which the sale or other disposition took place, not
    later than the close of business on the day that the multiple sale