• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The only thing I know about Star Trek - outside the original series and the first few movies - is that Leonard Nimoy was also a photographer with excellent skills. "The Full Body Project" which included his take on classic paintings is different, for example.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    She and Shatner had the first iterracial kiss on a televised network program.

Stepchildren, aired on November 22, 1968, earned Shatner a footnote in the history of American race relations: a kiss that Captain Kirk planted on the lips of Lieutenant Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) is often cited as the first example of a white man kissing a black woman on scripted television in the United States

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    She was diagnosed with dementia a few years ago. It's sad she's gone (I grew up on Star Trek reruns after school) but she's at peace now. Dementia is a cruel, cruel condition that tortures its victim along with their caretakers and I wouldn't even wish it on Nancy Pelosi, much less an actress who seems to have been a genuinely decent person from everything I've read of her interactions with fans.

BTW, she considered quitting Star Trek after the first season. The Reverend Dr Martin Luther King urged her to stick with it when she met him, because here she was, a black woman playing an officer in a military organization who had actual responsibilities and was shown to be hyper-competent and professional.

In the 70s she became heavily involved with NASA and helping recruit for the Space Shuttle astronaut program.

She also sang with Count Basie and Duke Ellington at various times.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    She was diagnosed with dementia a few years ago. It's sad she's gone (I grew up on Star Trek reruns after school) but she's at peace now. Dementia is a cruel, cruel condition that tortures its victim along with their caretakers and I wouldn't even wish it on Nancy Pelosi, much less an actress who seems to have been a genuinely decent person from everything I've read of her interactions with fans.

BTW, she considered quitting Star Trek after the first season. The Reverend Dr Martin Luther King urged her to stick with it when she met him, because here she was, a black woman playing an officer in a military organization who had actual responsibilities and was shown to be hyper-competent and professional.

In the 70s she became heavily involved with NASA and helping recruit for the Space Shuttle astronaut program.

She also sang with Count Basie and Duke Ellington at various times.
    She encouraged young women to pursue engineering degrees to get into the space program as well.

Top Bottom