• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    $200 obo

Selling this early .22 caliber 7 shot side hammer pocket revolver made by Ethan Allen. Not sure the exact age, but they were manufacturing arms between 1863 and 1871

22Revolver1.jpg

22Revolver2.jpg

22Revolver3.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Re: .22 Pocket Pistol, Ethan Allen Circa 1870

I bet that would be a blast to shoot with CBs. Very nice gun, would like to have it also if it was in my price range.

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Re: .22 Pocket Pistol, Ethan Allen Circa 1870

I have not. And though it looks to be in good working condition, it would be a good idea to have a gunsmith take a look at it before firing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It is a really cool revolver, but basically it would be a wall hanger and right now I don't have the disposable income to spend on something that will be basically a display piece...
    Good luck with the sale, here's a free bump for ya!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Courious if 22 shorts fit in it.

Funny you should ask. Just got back from the range with it (of course I would not shoot in my garage, so I had to go to the range
    emoticon_rolleyes.gif
    ).

Range report:

Accuracy: Outstanding, group size well under 1/4 inch! (forget about it being a 1 shot group, I am sure it will hold true if I fired it more than once.)
    Sights: Very good and dead on. No adjustment needed. (Well from about 2 feet I hit a coffee can lid.)
    Recoil: Modest, did not need to upgrade to my recoil absorbing gloves for this first session. Not quite as snappy as a 10mm.
    Mechanical Issues: None, no feeding or extraction issues noted entire session.
    Ammunition:
    CCI .22 CB. Round nose lead projectile, not hollow points.
    Ammunition Performance: No issues, fired as expected on first drop of the hammer. No billowing cloud of smoke or flame upon discharge.
    Projectile Penetration: Significant penetration noted in plastic coffee can lid, none noted on metal target trap. Did leave a smudge on the paint.
    Projectile Performance: Not recovered at this time due to time constraints. Assumed good.
    Range Conditions: Warm, Humid, No Wind Correction needed, Coriolis effect not compensated for.
    Safety Equipment worn: Eye Protection, Doubled up Ear Protection, Welders Gloves, Kevlar Military Issue Helmet, Military Issue Flack Jacket, Nomex flame suit, 2 pairs of underwear, barefooted.
    Independent Verification Agent: Griff, a Norwegian Elkhound acted as safety officer and will counter sign report verifying results.

Overall Assessment:
    Very pleased that it did not blow up and fired exactly as expected. Strong spring and acceptable lock up for a 150+ year old gun. Do not plan on retesting with "magnum" level .22 short loads due to it's highly successful performance with the "target" CB loads. Will clean up and keep in safe in case it is ever needed in a home invasion scenario where it's seven rounds (same as a standard 1911) provide an added measure of firepower. Will be searching for a period correct speed loader for it, any help there would be appreciated.

EA.jpg

Top Bottom