• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang, that's the most methodical range report I've ever seen on this forum!

And now you've got me kicking myself in the ass for not snagging this sweet little revolver.

Enjoy!

Cheers! M2

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Acera knows this but for the folks who come after us here these types of revolvers are best kept with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.

Unlike most modern revolvers of this type these old ones don't have a notch in the cylinder between chambers made to rest the hammer on safely.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Glad you like it!

Also, great review. Especially liked the part about double underwear, lol

Well you can never be too careful when a hospital visit may be the result of what you are doing.

Bithabus, don't know if Crossbreed makes a Supertuck Deluxe for that model yet, might have to drop them an email.

I do have a buddy who is really into the Civil War Reenactment scene. Wonder if his wife needs to borrow this to enhance her costume at their next ball.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Bithabus, don't know if Crossbreed makes a Supertuck Deluxe for that model yet, might have to drop them an email.

I do have a buddy who is really into the Civil War Reenactment scene. Wonder if his wife needs to borrow this to enhance her costume at their next ball.

Might make a nice little backup gun since you can carry it anywhere.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Might make a nice little backup gun since you can carry it anywhere.

Not going to carry it, worried about modern loads that actually have gunpowder in them. Second, can't think of too many worse choices than a .22 short for self defense. However I do like your point, since it's legally not a gun, I should be able to pack it just about everywhere. Don't worry about me showing up in the news as I try to explain to a TSA agent that it's not illegal to carry on my next flight.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Can I have it when ya get arrested?!?

Definitely not! You might set that up based on previous postings I have made and the fact that I might have once owned an evil looking black rifle.

Might put it in my will for you, but only if I don't die violently in the next few years..................

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah Army 1911 but that would have involved math. Did not want to put too much effort into it, you all might have laughed at me and not taken the range report seriously. Plus, must admit that was a rough guess about the grouping size, so give or take a little there. My eyes and measuring skills might have been off a bit.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Did find some interesting things as I cleaned it today.

It is a matching serial number gun, 13XX. The serial number is stamped on the bottom of the barrel, cylinder, frame under the grips and on inside both wood grips. Mechanicals look good on the inside and the mainspring is still very strong.

Fascinating little gun, wish I could more information about it than what was posted here previously.

Top Bottom