• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    For sale is a CZ58. It is a Czech AK rifle with a milled rather than stamped receiver - very nice. The package includes two new mags that came with the rifle and four additional surplus mags with a leather carrying case. The surplus mags are used and have some surface wear, but are in good working condition. Also included is 1,000 (one thousand) rounds of wolf 7.62x39, 122gr, hollow point ammo in the original packaging.

The rifle is stock except I swapped out the rear dove tail sight for a peep sight - huge improvement. I bought the rifle a couple of years ago, shot maybe 100 rounds, and then left it in the safe. It is in very good condition.

I also have spare parts extra (top cover, spring, and extractor). And Mako hand guards with rails (these http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Lower-Upper-Handguards-Black/dp/B00271CPL2). I never put the handguards on, but they are supposed to be nice if you want to swap out the wood.

1 CZ 58 rifle
    6 30rd magazines
    1k ammo
    Various replacement parts
    Mako handguards

Price $1,500

DSCN2402_zps0e76ee46.jpg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Sadly, these guns are so much more well constructed than an Ak but your average gun buyer doesn't know any better. This package is probably an easy sell at a gunshow but on the forum ??? The Dtechnik builds are the real deal too, the VZ2008s are not the same quality. Good luck with the sale. BTT for a badass rifle.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, the D-TECHNIK's are imported on real Czech receivers whereas the Century ones are on theirs. The Century ones aren't bad, it's just that they aren't the original Czech receivers! I have a Century with wooden furniture on it, plus a folding stock.

The Vz.58s are great rifles and light for being milled, but honestly I put them about mid-pack in my AK lineup, just under the Saiga and Bulgarian milled.

The bigger issue I think is that most people don't realize that other than appearances and caliber, these rifles share nothing in common with the Kalashnikov platform. Nothing, from the mags to the pistol grips to the handguards, are interchangeable. No internal or external parts other than a sling will transfer from one to the other.

But they are excellent weapons, you can swap out the fixed stock with a folding one by removing one large screw. The composite furniture (known as "beaver barf") is stronger than wood. They are as tough, reliable and accurate as the AK. The Slovak Special Forces I jumped with many years ago carried them.

Good luck with the sale, with the recent jump in gun and ammo prices, that is a great price especially when you factor in the six magazines! Hopefully someone will realize that soon and snap it up! I wish I had the cash...

Cheers! M2

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the reviews. I think they are fair. The big plus on this rifle is that it is well built. The only potential downside is that it does not swap parts with AKs (but the action is the same reliable action as the AK (correct me if I am wrong)). However there are lots of parts available for this rifle (include a bunch for sale with the rifle).

It is a great rifle and given the prices some people are paying, this is a great deal.

I would like to sell this rifle, but i'm not going the gun show or gunbroker route. If it sells here or on the hunting forum great. Otherwise I'll keep it. The kids would probably prefer that, haha.

navajo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    bulverde
    It does not accept AK mags because its not an AK.
    Not the same action. AK-long stroke piston attached to bolt carrier. AK- rotating bolt. 58- short piston moves freely like a FAL Striker fired and bolt locks with a drop down bar like a P-38 pistol.
    Ejects out the top, stove pipe possible but not likely. Two thousand rounds through mine with out a hiccup.
    Last shot locks the bolt open. Wish I had the money to spare.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, if it was at the pre-panic price I would really consider jumping on it; but these "free market prices" are a bit more than I can afford!

Still, it's a nice rifle and while not a Kalashnikov, some actually argue it is the rifle a Kalashnikov should be!

By the way, and maybe this should be in the 'Fun Facts about yourself nobody would probably guesshttp://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...out-yourself-nobody-would-probably-guess.html' thread; but back in 1993-94, I spent six months in the former Czechoslovakia as a part of a US Military Liaison Team. I actually got to train and jump with the 3rd Regiment of the Slovak Special Forces, and was awarded their jump wings!

Cheers! M2

Last edited:

navajo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    bulverde

I have a friend very interested. He is going to look at mine this weekend. Pretty sure he will like it.
    Let me know if its still available.

JimThorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    East Texas
    I own a VZ58. They are amazing weapons. Only drawback is mags are not as easy to find as AK mags, but they are available. If I had the extra cash I would be all over this deal. If you like the AK you will love the VZ.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The ONLY thing I do no like about the VZ-58 is the finish. It is painted. Tends to flake off just like early CZs.

In all other respects, it is far superior to the AK (if you can find extra mags).

Top Bottom