• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sfikes2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    There has been a guy with the email darkyvader@yahoo.com setting up fake meetings about buying from folks. He has a non working number listed on TGT, and lives on the west side of town. When you wait for an hour and decide to leave when he doesn't show, he flames you in the TGT forums saying you led HIM on. I've turned him in to the BTAF as a suspicious person.
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There has been a guy with the email darkyvader@yahoo.com setting up fake meetings about buying from folks. He has a non working number listed on TGT, and lives on the west side of town. When you wait for an hour and decide to leave when he doesn't show, he flames you in the TGT forums saying you led HIM on. I've turned him in to the BTAF as a suspicious person.

I'm sure BTAF (Bob the Angry Flower) will be all over that!

angflow.jpg

Last edited:

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    If it happened to you once then oh well, sh!t happends. If it happened to you 11 times then maybe you should be a little more selective on who you sell to.

sfikes2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    Sure are a lot of smart asses on this forum. ever stop to wonder if this fool idiot could be plotting to hurt someone or further hurt the second amendment community? if you don't have anything positive to add to my post stay off of it...or kindly **** off.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    were you followed home? Maybe he knows where you live now...and wants to liberate you of all your valuable things.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Sure are a lot of smart asses on this forum. ever stop to wonder if this fool idiot could be plotting to hurt someone or further hurt the second amendment community? if you don't have anything positive to add to my post stay off of it...or kindly **** off.

Seriously? Mr. 15 posts, you're going to come onto our playground and tell us to go away?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

It is a public forum, Skippy. It is not "your" post. Accept what you get of take your own advice.

Perhaps YOU are the fool idiot trying to harm someone you have some beef with.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ummm....guys....google the guy the OP references...there are several warnings about him. Why not accept that someone may be trying to give us a heads up warning, and thank him?

OP, I *do* appreciate the warning - thank you!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I have a better idea.

You can the attitude - or - go post somewhere else.

Your choice.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    You drove across town to meet somebody, without getting them on the phone first? Email or not, I need to speak with the other person before meeting with them to buy/sell a gun; if only to get a feel for what kind of person you're dealing with.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agreed on talking w/them first....OP, you may have learned a cheap lesson in that respect. Coupla years ago, there were folks setting up meets, then ripping people off at gunpoint. None on this forum that I'm aware of, but did hear of a few from TGTrader, as well as getting hot checks, etc.

I'm a pretty trusting feller....up to a point. I tend to play dumb (leave it alone, guys...) and ask innocent-sounding questions, but the truth is often in those answers. And yes - I am NOT meeting anyone until such a time as we've talked on the phone. If there's ANY kind of doubt in my mind, I just move on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You can the attitude - or - go post somewhere else.

I vote the latter, telling people to "kindly **** off" doesn't bode well, regardless of his initial intent.

Also, sending insulting PMs to people is another indicator that he needs to take his own advice.

So there's some asshole out there screwing people over on gun sales, I've had an individual from this forum do the same to me and I don't go "calling the BTAF" (sic) about it! Like the ATF is going to do anything in the first place. Hell, even the SAPD isn't going to do anything because no illegal activity has occurred. Newsflash, someone not showing up for a deal is not against the law, nor is flaming someone on the TGT forums!

Unless he has real evidence that the individual is "plotting to hurt someone," he shouldn't make such accusations. It libelous. And "further hurt the second amendment community?!?!" WTF does that even mean?!?

A simple warning would suffice, but Mr. "kindly **** off" wants to tell everyone how to act on this forum. I doubt he'll last long with that attitude...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom