• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Anybody bringing an AK to the shoot. Klacktor's thread has me thinking I want one and would love to put a few rounds downrange. Shot 7.62 through my sks's but have never fired an AK. Let me know and I can pick up some ammo!

bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    If i make it out, i will bring my WASR, which you are welcome to try! I will also bring the AR i just got as a birthday gift! I turn 23 tommorow and will be heading to lucky eagle tommorow morning. if we come back early enough for me to make it i will be there!
    Anybody bringing an AK to the shoot. Klacktor's thread has me thinking I want one and would love to put a few rounds downrange. Shot 7.62 through my sks's but have never fired an AK. Let me know and I can pick up some ammo!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    If i make it out, i will bring my WASR, which you are welcome to try! I will also bring the AR i just got as a birthday gift! I turn 23 tommorow and will be heading to lucky eagle tommorow morning. if we come back early enough for me to make it i will be there!

Happy early b-day, hope you're able to make it out.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just updated the OP, so far this is who has stated they're either going to try or are for sure coming, looks like we're gonna have a good group.

Members attending (or very likely):

TXDARKHORSE361 and Mrs.
    jcrntx
    pvtsnowball82
    kyletxria1911a1
    smtimelevi
    manlymatt
    M. Sage
    10mm and 45
    CplHudson
    Klacktor, Mrs., and friends
    Wolfwood
    itchin2shoot
    LS1Nut
    Orbie
    googie
    RandomHero
    Dcav & Mrs.
    xaceofspades999x
    FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    johnpuga1982
    fuelfather, Mrs., and wee ones
    ChunkyMonkey
    will083031 and Mrs.
    bertizzie89
    Txmark and Mrs.
    Dawico and Mrs.
    TexasRedneck and Schoolmarm

[/B]On a side note I would definitely suggest everyone remember that even though it is late September this is still south Texas so plan accordingly. They do sell drinks and stuff but they also allow you to bring your own refreshments and coolers are ok as well so remember to hydrate! If you're burn like I do remember it's all outdoors so sunscreen is recommended, other than that bring what you think you'll need, if you've never been to Bexar Community before you can drive to the different ranges but they are not far from each other. Looking forward to this weekend and meeting a lot of you, if you want my contact info feel free to PM me. Also any questions, suggestions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them up here after all that's what this thread is for.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm looking forward to Sunday! Let me cover a couple of things, "just in case". Not everybody's been to a public range, and if there are first-time shooters, this is good stuff to cover.

Just so everybody knows, the office is near the front, just as you're getting to the first skeet range. Stop in there to sign in and pay, then you can head back and shoot.

If you're bringing first timers, make sure you keep an eye out for them.

They only want you shooting at the targets they provide. Don't bother bringing reactive targets to throw out there, etc. because they won't like that. They're very worried about someone chasing a target around and ending up with bullets over the berm. They're "no rapid fire", but as long as you're not bump firing or dumping magazines as fast as you can, you won't have a problem (I never have). Just keep shots on target, everything's cool - they're really the most range-nazi-free (as opposed to free range nazi) range I've been to outside shooting in a national forest.

Not everybody has shot on a public range, so let me just go over some things. To get a cease fire, it's up to you to get the line stopped. Usually just wander down the line asking people to for a cease fire when they're ready. Nobody gets butthurt unless you're asking every two minutes. At cease fire, unload and lock actions open, guns on the bench, and step away. Please don't handle guns during a cease fire - it makes people nervous and angry. If you do, someone will probably yell, and you might get called a name or two. Sometimes people get confused on the rifle line and think the 25 yard line is separate from the 50/100/200. It isn't. If you need to go downrange, the entire line needs to be cold. Don't just wander out to change a target - like handling a gun during a cease fire, this might get you cussed by one of the other shooters.

If you haven't shot at a public range before, or have any questions, or need help with first timers, track me down and I'll be happy to help. If Mike Arnold is on the pistol line (look for a Trailblazer with a CHL-themed vanity plate), it's a good opportunity to get a good free basic pistol lesson.

do they take visa, or should we bring cash?

They do take Visa.

For reloaders, they usually have a pretty good selection of powders and primers. A lot of their supplies are geared toward shotgun reloading, but they have pistol and rifle primers, and suitable powders. Just FYI.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Wish I could make this, but the guns are gone. I do recall though, the last time I was out there they didn't care for us shooting the 50 cal. That may have changed, I'm not sure how they feel about them now.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Wish I could make this, but the guns are gone. I do recall though, the last time I was out there they didn't care for us shooting the 50 cal. That may have changed, I'm not sure how they feel about them now.

Come on out anyways Skip, there will be plenty to shoot, and I have some spare 22, 9mm, 223 and 40 you are welcome to use, and a box of 38 I bought to try out M. Sage's Colt. Will get a little 7.62 x 39 tomorrow so I can hopefully try out an AK.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    My wife and I are planning on going. I will bring the pistol boxes with several 38's. 9's, 40's and 45's. I will through in a 22, 32, and 380 also. Not sure which rifles or shotguns I might bring too. Stopped by there today to check it out, real nice place and super nice people in charge.

Top Bottom