• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I was pulled over by SAPD yesterday for an expired registration. As the officer was close to my window I informed her that I had a CHL and was armed. She stopped a behind my door and asked if I had the weapon on my person, I said yes. She asked where and I told her on my waist. She then informed me why I was being stopped and asked for DL and insurance. She took a quick look at both, handed them back and suggested I get my registration renewed, said thanks for letting me know about your CHL, wished me a good day and hoped back in her car.

Overall it was a very easy first encounter with a SAPD since getting my lic.

So kuddos to SAPD

TD
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, and I rode with a female patrol officer during my last ride-along; she was extremely professional and patient, moreso than I would have been with the "people" we encountered...

Cheers! M2

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Better to know there's a gun and where it is than to have a bad surprise. Plus, if you have a CHL they will know that at least once in your life, within the past few years, you were able to pass two thorough criminal background checks.

Muzzle210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    North San Antonio
    Good to hear. I hate to assume so I will ask, to those who know.....When an officer pulls a person over...don't they have a computer in there vehicle and know in advance before steping out of their vehicle that the owner of the stoped vehicle has a CHL? To be clear, I am aware that it is neccesary to inform them of the fact that you have a CHL and are carrying. And no, I do not have a CHL. Just askin.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I got stopped while riding a motorcyle. As the officer approached me I told him I had a handgun on me and that I was licensed. He asked me were it was and then asked me why I carry. I respectivly told him because it was my right. He agreed with that and just gave me a written warning. (for speeding...oops..thought it was 65 on that backroad not 55)

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Good to hear. I hate to assume so I will ask, to those who know.....When an officer pulls a person over...don't they have a computer in there vehicle and know in advance before steping out of their vehicle that the owner of the stoped vehicle has a CHL? To be clear, I am aware that it is neccesary to inform them of the fact that you have a CHL and are carrying. And no, I do not have a CHL. Just askin.
    Nope. CHL is not tied to license plates. Could be anyone driving the vehicle.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    If the registered owner has warrants, doesn't that show up on just a license plate run? Why doesn't the CHL?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If the registered owner has warrants, doesn't that show up on just a license plate run? Why doesn't the CHL?

Warrants do no automatically show on a vehicle registration check. The system the department uses can be programmed to automatically do a cross reference.

CHLs are tied to your DL or ID because because you are required to show both.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    If on San Antonio's server, it will show warrants issued for people who operated that vehicle and issued a ticket turned to a warrant. Doesn't have to be the registered owner. But, those warrants are only class c violations, unless it's an identified stolen vehicle which you'll receive a hit. That was a perk when we were on their system, along with being able to message officers directly if we needed something, or them for us. BOLO's were nice too.

Top Bottom