• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I was pulled over by SAPD yesterday for an expired registration. As the officer was close to my window I informed her that I had a CHL and was armed. She stopped a behind my door and asked if I had the weapon on my person, I said yes. She asked where and I told her on my waist. She then informed me why I was being stopped and asked for DL and insurance. She took a quick look at both, handed them back and suggested I get my registration renewed, said thanks for letting me know about your CHL, wished me a good day and hoped back in her car.

Overall it was a very easy first encounter with a SAPD since getting my lic.

So kuddos to SAPD

TD
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, and I rode with a female patrol officer during my last ride-along; she was extremely professional and patient, moreso than I would have been with the "people" we encountered...

Cheers! M2

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Better to know there's a gun and where it is than to have a bad surprise. Plus, if you have a CHL they will know that at least once in your life, within the past few years, you were able to pass two thorough criminal background checks.

Muzzle210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    North San Antonio
    Good to hear. I hate to assume so I will ask, to those who know.....When an officer pulls a person over...don't they have a computer in there vehicle and know in advance before steping out of their vehicle that the owner of the stoped vehicle has a CHL? To be clear, I am aware that it is neccesary to inform them of the fact that you have a CHL and are carrying. And no, I do not have a CHL. Just askin.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I got stopped while riding a motorcyle. As the officer approached me I told him I had a handgun on me and that I was licensed. He asked me were it was and then asked me why I carry. I respectivly told him because it was my right. He agreed with that and just gave me a written warning. (for speeding...oops..thought it was 65 on that backroad not 55)

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Good to hear. I hate to assume so I will ask, to those who know.....When an officer pulls a person over...don't they have a computer in there vehicle and know in advance before steping out of their vehicle that the owner of the stoped vehicle has a CHL? To be clear, I am aware that it is neccesary to inform them of the fact that you have a CHL and are carrying. And no, I do not have a CHL. Just askin.
    Nope. CHL is not tied to license plates. Could be anyone driving the vehicle.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    If the registered owner has warrants, doesn't that show up on just a license plate run? Why doesn't the CHL?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If the registered owner has warrants, doesn't that show up on just a license plate run? Why doesn't the CHL?

Warrants do no automatically show on a vehicle registration check. The system the department uses can be programmed to automatically do a cross reference.

CHLs are tied to your DL or ID because because you are required to show both.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    If on San Antonio's server, it will show warrants issued for people who operated that vehicle and issued a ticket turned to a warrant. Doesn't have to be the registered owner. But, those warrants are only class c violations, unless it's an identified stolen vehicle which you'll receive a hit. That was a perk when we were on their system, along with being able to message officers directly if we needed something, or them for us. BOLO's were nice too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom