Patriot Mobile

Sapience. Any animals you think could be evolving to basic human like sapience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t get the purpose of boiling down human vs other animals as something as simple as a trait or a combination of traits that naturally varies within the human population anyways.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    So y'all think that all lifeforms including humans have "evolved" into existence? That your long lost relatives were swinging from the trees by their tails, or some other much lower lifeform such as pond scum?

My personal theory is we are hybrids that are part of a science experiment or selective DNA/RNA modification about 500,000 years ago. I'm a firm proponent of intelligent design.

Another theory is that we are non native to Earth and "Adam and Eve" may have crash landed here and started a new species by breeding with Primates or other sapiens species.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Would you hunt and eat humans? Do Animals that are like humans in conciousness/sapience deserve to be in that off limits to hunting group?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In the correct circumstances absolutely.

The science regarding how and when your brain says something is disgusting vs “it’s food” is pretty interesting.

My only experience goes as far as fried gas station burritos. If I’m hungry enough they are so good, but about 1.5 burritos in the edge is off and I toss it out the window, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No, not evolved into EXISTENCE. But I do believe species can evolve.

I don't buy into the whole earth is only 3000 years old timeline. We have very limited perspective as mortal humans with an 80yr life span. 1 million years is something completely different to an eternal god.

I do not believe we came from monkies.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Just look at dogs. Fifty thousand years ago, they would barely be recognizable as the same species as most modern domesticated dogs. Still the same species, and with work could still be bred back to the same phenotype assuming the traits haven't completely disappeared from the gene pool. But they didn't turn into cats or racoons (granted fifty thousand years is an absurd amount of time for that to happen in evolutionary theory).

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    My personal theory is we are hybrids that are part of a science experiment or selective DNA/RNA modification about 500,000 years ago. I'm a firm proponent of intelligent design.

Another theory is that we are non native to Earth and "Adam and Eve" may have crash landed here and started a new species by breeding with Primates or other sapiens species.
    Ah, you too have seen the documentary Battlestar Galactica!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Would you hunt and eat humans? Do Animals that are like humans in conciousness/sapience deserve to be in that off limits to hunting group?

Depends. A lot of CT work is hunting humans. Human cannibalism is/has been practiced in more than a few cultures. Serial killers are human (by definition) and have done both.

Critical thinking isn’t even a sole distinguishing trait although it is required to accept humanic norms always have exceptions.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Humans yes, animals like dolphins or Elephants absolutely not unless they were killers.

I don't find humans to be all that great of a species overall. As far as hunting and eating them, I'd hunt and eat humans before I did most dogs.
    I'd agree with that except for the issue of diseases. It's a lot easier to get something nasty from a member of the same species (living or dead) than from a different species. And there are issues with cumulative damage from prions that are much more likely to be collected from members of the same species than other species. Kuru is a real thing.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    So y'all think that all lifeforms including humans have "evolved" into existence? That your long lost relatives were swinging from the trees by their tails, or some other much lower lifeform such as pond scum?
    This.

Explain to me how sexual reproduction successfully evolved and I'll start to worry about this. Meantime, I'll ask you how you can't see that it's entirely logical that there is design and order from a higher source?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Cannibalism puts the cannibal at risk of a lot of diseases and disorders (basically any disease the victim might have had or been carrying). There's a reason we're pretty much wired to be revolted by it.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Dogs / canines have the capacity to learn, plan, think, and communicate. That shows some sapience.

Cows, elephants, most primates. Dolphins may be the closest to human levels of intelligence on the planet too. Hell, they could be far more intelligent over all than we are, and have come to accept a simpler way of life as being ideal, rather than pushing beyond and becoming anything like humans have.

We know the earth is more than 3000 years old. Mankind is far more than 3000 years old. The bible speaks of creation in terms of days, but one day to God could be a million or more years for us mere mortals. The bible was written by man to record the word of God, he didn't just make the book appear, and its known that books have been removed for whatever reason by mere men over time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Remember, we have rules regarding religious discussion.

Edit to add: The OP asks a question pertaining to species in their current form evolving further. It does not introduce questions or origin, so IMO does not invite questions or conversation regarding creation vs intelligent design vs evolutionary origin. It only pertains to whether what is here will change and gain sapience. Please avoid taking this in a direction not allowed per long standing forum rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom