Sarco

So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?

350xfire

Oct 24, 2013
I think their frames are Rock Island. I have been wanting to build a 1911 but have read about all kinds of filing and fitting that has to be done.

Andy

Sep 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?
If you have to ask, you have a lot of reading to do. I'd strongly suggest getting - at the very least - a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's "Colt 45 Automatic" Vol 1.

Building a 1911 is about truly understanding how the parts work and how they interrelate. There's a lot of fitting to do - it's not an Ikea bed you can just snap together.

As for the Sarco 1911 kit - run away. Actually, they might be useful to butcher and develop your skills upon...

Last edited:

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members