Sarco

So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?

350xfire

Oct 24, 2013
I think their frames are Rock Island. I have been wanting to build a 1911 but have read about all kinds of filing and fitting that has to be done.

Andy

Sep 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?
If you have to ask, you have a lot of reading to do. I'd strongly suggest getting - at the very least - a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's "Colt 45 Automatic" Vol 1.

Building a 1911 is about truly understanding how the parts work and how they interrelate. There's a lot of fitting to do - it's not an Ikea bed you can just snap together.

As for the Sarco 1911 kit - run away. Actually, they might be useful to butcher and develop your skills upon...

Last edited:
thanks yeah i have both of his books at the house and im going to read them when i get back. just trying to pre order stuff while im bored in afghanistan.

Top Bottom