• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I haven't seen anyone mention it, but being posted at what amounts to knee-level doesn't make it "conspicuous" enough for my tastes. I'm 5-6 and probably wouldn't even notice it, because I'm paying more attention to the people going in an out than I am words pasted to the door just above the freakin' kick panel.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Renegade, ChunkyMonkey, and several others on this forum are just as knowledgable or even more so than I on Texas laws and their application. I fear that there are some that just want to go instigate a situation at the airport to prove they can carry. I dont recommend that course of action.

I was trying to think of when a CHL holder would carry at the airport. I suppose i you were going to pick someone up? When I do that I usually just do it curbside and dont get out of my vehicle. If I am flying I either dont take my gun or check it in my luggage. I am not saying you cant or shouldnt, just that since most people at the airport are flying and wont be carrying, so I doubt the issue comes into play very often.

It would be interesing to see how they reconcile this sign with those who check their gun in their luggage. Airline rules specifically require you to check luggage containing a firearm at the ticket counter, not at the curb. That would require me to go into the airport with a firearm concealed in my luggage. So airline rules require you to violate posted sign on the door.

I may inquire to the SA Airport PD Chief when I have some time.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I haven't seen anyone mention it, but being posted at what amounts to knee-level doesn't make it "conspicuous" enough for my tastes. I'm 5-6 and probably wouldn't even notice it, because I'm paying more attention to the people going in an out than I am words pasted to the door just above the freakin' kick panel.
    The sign is posted on a government location not listed in 46.035, and the wording is wrong. Either of those make it non applicable.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It would be interesing to see how they reconcile this sign with those who check their gun in their luggage. Airline rules specifically require you to check luggage containing a firearm at the ticket counter, not at the curb. That would require me to go into the airport with a firearm concealed in my luggage. So airline rules require you to violate posted sign on the door.

I believe the traveling exception would apply in those cases.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    On our several trips to DFW Airport my pistol remained in the parking lot in our locked vehicle to avoid firearm/po po problems. Since I discoved that the Bergstrom Airport near Austin was about the same distance as DFW and the traffic considerably easier, parking easier, and the various areas easier to find and do business, DWF is forever avoided....Austin's Bergstrom has the same firearm prohibitions which we obey and leave firearm in locked vehicle in the parking area.

Abilene's Airport, ditto....Curtious places all three....

But before boarding in Pittsburg, PA you pass a herd of people that look you over like a "Boss" in Huntsville Prison astride a horse looking over a herd of felons out in the field ! maybe there are more criminals up "Nawth" ?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    On our several trips to DFW Airport my pistol remained in the parking lot in our locked vehicle to avoid firearm/po po problems. Since I discoved that the Bergstrom Airport near Austin was about the same distance as DFW and the traffic considerably easier, parking easier, and the various areas easier to find and do business, DWF is forever avoided....Austin's Bergstrom has the same firearm prohibitions which we obey and leave firearm in locked vehicle in the parking area.

DFW does not have 30.06 signs.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that being city owned, the airport cannot post it 30.06. Since they have, and it's wrong, can't DPS tell them to remove the signs?

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I'm so lost here. So your saying that just cuase one word is wrong its not enforceable??
    According to the laws, if the sign doesn't contain the exact wording that it is supposed to, then the sign is not valid.
    Having said that, you would be a fool to just stroll in there with your CCW and think that simply telling them that their sign is invalid won't lead to you being face down on the concrete with some big muscleheaded dude's knee in your back.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You can sweat the legalities of the sign all you want and play "what if" all you care but the only thing I remember is concealed is concealed. I should be the only person who knows what I carry or don't as it's not anyone else's business.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Just call airport security and tell them. Then call the PD and tell them. In both cases be polite, explain why it's not valid and that you will be contacting DPS to let them know an invalid sign is posted. Then call DPS.

After all that throw away your pre-paid cash phone and make sure to avoid the small robotic choppers circling your building, LOL

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    After all that throw away your pre-paid cash phone and make sure to avoid the small robotic choppers circling your building, LOL
    They're comin' to get me!
    Black-Helicopters-Miami.jpg

Top Bottom