• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hate to say this but I got the feeling this suggested a lone person living a fantasy life. With no family there would usually be no obit and it may take time to determine he was a vet. His car still sitting there after three weeks?! We "know" he was a widower?? Hope not, but this happens more than thought.
    Obituaries cost money to run in papers. When my dad died I didn't want an obituary, but I was out voted. My reasons for not wanting one
    1 Stupidly priced @ $75.00 per day in a crappy paper no one reads.
    2 Theives can easily read them the rob the house while services being held.
    3 Old folks have so few of their peers around. Those that needed to know are easily contacted.
    4 Who actually sits down & reads obituaries in paper?
    ARJ Defense ad

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Sorry to hear this. He was a distinctive member here at TGT.

When I was looking for property I photographed a very unique colored Water Moccasin that just amazed him. He wanted me to go back to get the snake. Lol

Here’s to you SATX! RIP sir!

EB8DA9AF-B9AE-4E8C-A4F4-F7B337F71271.jpeg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Well, who was it that went to his home and spoke to neighbor? In Harris County where I live, anyone can go to the tax authority website (HCADin my case)and enter an address to find the owners name, property value etc. I assume other counties have something similar. Assuming SATX78247 owned the house, it should reveal his name and provide better info on the funeral etc. just food for thought

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

c.tiberius

Apr 28, 2015
    Met him at his place near a military base here in Sa, spend some time talking , struck me as a lonely guy and that made me look past all his eccentric ways or bragging.
    Rest In Peace sir and you will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    A suggestion for the mods and admins. On our sister forum, Indiana Gun Owners, the deceased are listed as “emeritus”, as opposed to SATX’s “TGT addict”. It allows people going through old threads, the opportunity to tip their hat, to those that have past.
    Just a thought.

An example.

CFA895E7-2A31-44FF-ADF0-CB51B61D9E60.png

He passed not long after.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I will make inquiries through veteran channels on Monday. I’d like to thank folks here for caring about somebody they may never have met.

I will share what information I can when it’s appropriate since these things aren’t exactly easy to work out if you’re not next of kin, which I believe may be a complication in this instance.

In the mean time, let’s back off the search mission and instead honor the memory. I’ll also encourage everyone to have a plan in place when your time comes. It may need to start with a wallet card taped to your to your ID since that’s the first place authorities will look if you randomly turn into smoking bits of hair, teeth, and eyeballs.

Not that that’s what happened to Jim.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    A suggestion for the mods and admins. On our sister forum, Indiana Gun Owners, the deceased are listed as “emeritus”, as opposed to SATX’s “TGT addict”. It allows people going through old threads, the opportunity to tip their hat, to those that have past.
    Just a thought.

An example.

View attachment 265632
    He passed not long after.
    Great idea!

CyberWolf

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I think his just post last post was June 11th wasn’t it? If so, then the math doesn’t work out

Saw that, and though unlikely, didn't want to casually discount any possibility that someone may have spent a few days posting on his behalf for one reason or another, and some names listed seemed to jive...

In the mean time, let’s back off the search mission and instead honor the memory.

Agreed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hate to say this but I got the feeling this suggested a lone person living a fantasy life. With no family there would usually be no obit and it may take time to determine he was a vet. His car still sitting there after three weeks?! We "know" he was a widower?? Hope not, but this happens more than thought.

I'm assuming it was his first wife that passed away from cancer some years ago. He mentioned her by name in the past on several occasions. The lady he spoke of recently, and the adopted son, I don't know if they were married or not.
    I think his just post last post was June 11th wasn’t it? If so, then the math doesn’t work out

His last log-in was June 11th. He made two posts that afternoon. Posting style is consistent with many of his previous posts.

Great idea!

I concur. I think this would be something that would require a Mod or Admin to do, and would be a great way to remember him on the forum.
    Saw that, and though unlikely, didn't want to casually discount any possibility that someone may have spent a few days posting on his behalf for one reason or another, and some names listed seemed to jive...

Agreed.
    I don't think so. The posting style is very much consistent with most of his posts.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom