Savage Impulse

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
“Chicken Little?” No one said the sky is falling...I simply won’t be a beta tester for the Impulse Rifle, to those who are let us know how it goes.
Youre scared of a Al reciever we point out there are many rifles and shotgus with AL recievers. You say you still dont trust it...

Youre scared of bearing locking lugs. We point out it is another proven technology and is and has been used for around 80years to good effect. You say you still don't trust it.

All of your posts on this thread at least have been absurd fear mongering (and trollesque) about something that uses proven tech and should work really well, as the other items using those techs work great.

If you disagree, allow me to refresh your memory:

"but the aluminum receiver just killed it for me."

"Why? Because if I’m going to shoot high pressure magnum cartridges it will be out of a steel receiver, and as others have added..a proven design. Being a beta tester for the Savage Impulse isn’t on my to do list."

"I have never shot a 300WM out of a mossberg 500. You?"

"And not a single one of your examples is a straight pull back rifle chambered in 300WM"

"The beta testers will know before anyone, even before the clairvoyant among us."

"I’m impressed by the clairvoyance of those who know that there won’t be any issues with a rifle that hasn’t even been released yet. They should take those capabilities to the tracks."

"Those weapons have been proven, though I have never actually used either..the Impulse hasn’t even hit the streets yet."

Each of these is you saying youre scared without providing any reason for your trepidations.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Cityboy

Jan 20, 2021
Fredericksburg, TX
The aluminum receiver makes no more difference for a straight pull than it does for any other bolt gun. All the pressure is held by steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Younggun,

Does this mean the bearings lock into an extension of the barrel, which is steel, i.e., they do not lock into the aluminum receiver? If that's true, and the bearings are steel, I don't see how the receiver being made of aluminum would make any difference. Or did you mean that all of the pressure is held by the chamber and barrel, both of which are made of steel?

Cityboy

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
I do have a 40X and a GAP with Templar Action. Steel > Aluminum in a bolt gun for me.
You're intentional ignorance is astounding.

Millions of bolt rifles use Al recievers. Steel would only add weight. An AR is nothing more than a straight-pull bolt-action that uses gas instead of your hand to work the bolt.

Add a barrel without a gas port and it IS straight pull bolt gun, like most auto loaders.

I just don't even understand why you would bring up a subject then when corrected, continue to stay your ignorant course.

ST5MF

Nov 27, 2008
You're intentional ignorance is astounding.

Millions of bolt rifles use Al recievers. Steel would only add weight. An AR is nothing more than a straight-pull bolt-action that uses gas instead of your hand to work the bolt.

Add a barrel without a gas port and it IS straight pull bolt gun, like most auto loaders.

I just don't even understand why you would bring up a subject then when corrected, continue to stay your ignorant course.

The only thing continuing is you getting worked up. Take a wrap off.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members