• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    1911 - Are you going to be selling TGT merchandise/apparel for those of us who would like to show off our Internet pastimes.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Hey guys there will be 400 tables set up. its $5 to get it. FYI heads up.spreadfire arms whats your price for one?? Ill be there asap to buy one if the price is right. I need a sks scope mount with the side screws, large rifle primers.. Maybe a 243 bolt action if its cheap enough. Or a glock model 17 if its under 500.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Bah, was really wanting to go and meet the great folks of TGT, but family obligations have come up. Hope they throw one more before Christmas so I can pick up some stuff for early gifts.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Just got back from the gun show, but I didn't see a booth. How did I miss it?

Anyway, I think it was a decent show and I like it in the expo center. You can see everything from above the floor. Kinda reminds me of when it used to be down at the old coliseum.

31BBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Austin, TX
    The booth was on the upper level, when you first walk in and down about 4 eisles. By the way it was awesome to meet Texas1911 and Sig. I hope you guys were able to find someone to purchase the "items under the table" we were talking about, LOL.

Racca

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OHHH, was it the booth with all the Mosins? Darn it, I didn't know.

Yep, Bruce Schluderman (I think that's his name) kindly offered to let them have a table to advertise this site. I've bought a few guns from Bruce, he's a nice guy and it was dang nice of him to do this. My 13-yr-old son and I drove up from SA and picked up a few bayonets and some Romanian AK handguards at a good price. Overall the show was good but not nearly as big as the SAXET show here in San Antonio. There was a $2 parking fee and entry was $5/person, same as here.

Most of the vendors were the same ones that come to SA for this show. Others were notably absent, such as Mel and Jay from General Firearms and Mark from Chernushin Enterprises, two of the first vendors I stop by at the shows here. Someone mentioned the Belton show was this weekend as well, and there may have been another one that I forgot.

It was nice finally meeting some folks from this forum, Texas1911 and Sig!

I'm happy for the folks up in the Austin area to have a show again, but I don't think we'll be making the hour-and-a-half journey up from San Antonio for it again anytime soon. That's nothing against the show, it's just that the SAXET show here has pretty much everything you'll ever hope to find at a show...for what that's worth!

Cheers! M2

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I bet 15 people walked up to me from the forum and from ARFCOM. It was cool to meet some new faces!

Funny thing is ... I recognized probably 1/4th of the people at the show today. Either from past dealings or from the range.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yep finally met Allen and Sig. Is it just me or the does lighting suck inside?? My glasses kept on tinting while in the building I could barely see once I went down stairs.I still need some mil surplus ammo boxes but not at $12. What happened to the $5 ones?? Didnt find a single p rail sks mount with side screws. I got 2 20 round colt m-16 mags, a RRA lower stripped, win lrge primers and acc#7. Im set for awhile with reloading.

Toki Wartooth

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Leander, TX
    Arrrg! :D
    Sorry, I must have been listening to the voices in my head ;)
    Seriously though, at one point I heard someone yelling and spun around. Damnit... all you white folks look alike! :DDDD

There was a TGT table?? How did I miss that?

And yes, the venue was REALLY dark. There was this poor feller up on the top level selling these fantastic 1911 grip panels. He had to hand me a flashlight so I could see them. Boo.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Was on the road today, and be too busy tomorrow, I'll have to check out next months show... Like reading the feedback though..keep it coming..

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    It's nice to have a show in town. They had pretty much bailed not long before I started getting into guns again.
    It was cool to see Alan and Travis again.

I think Alan's gonna change my screen name to Ruger guy though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And yes, the venue was REALLY dark. There was this poor feller up on the top level selling these fantastic 1911 grip panels. He had to hand me a flashlight so I could see them. Boo.

Yeah, we talked with that gentleman as well. I mentioned how dark it was up there, and he brought out the flashlight!

Top Bottom