• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Put a dad gum gun show in the cedar park center.. Its common sense!

Hey heat miser are you still Mr. green Christmas? Mr. 101? Whatever I touch, starts to melt in my clutch?

Hells ya I'm the heat miser, since moving down to the warm weather for Christmas from the frozen slums of Detroit.

Third or fourth that motion to move the show to the cedar park center. My guess is that idea was probably already thought about by the Saxet bros but the cost of renting that area would be like renting the reliant center in houston. $10 parking, etc. Nahhh thanks. When I got to hockey games there, paying $10 to park in a paved corn field is sooo annoying. I generally get the hockey tickets for free or low cost and it's a joke that the parking costs as much as the tickets.
    Texas SOT

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i wouldn't waste your time going to gun shows at all,you'll find better deals online and on forums such as this one

smokey1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Austin,TX
    The Austin show is just not worth it if you have been attending gun shows over the years. If your new to the hobby its fine. Dallas and Houston are where its at gunshow speaking.

coats04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    SMITHVILLE,TEXAS
    San Antonio has a legit attend worthy show

well we ended up at the san antonio show not very big but wa worth going.first thing i saw when walking in was the new fn fns9 walked right up to it first rattle out the bag.i ended up bringing it home and im sure glad i did.

the saxet show in austin is much bigger than sa's.i have never been to the houston show yet how does it compare to austin's?

austins next show IS in august.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Been to the Austin Saxet, as well as the SA one.....prefer the SA. Don't forget, though - the Premier Gun Show will be back @ the Coliseum in SA the weekend of July 21st - over 1200 tables....and the Friends of NRA will have their Wall of Guns there, as well! I'll be the handsome feller working the WOG booth....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    well we ended up at the san antonio show not very big but wa worth going.first thing i saw when walking in was the new fn fns9 walked right up to it first rattle out the bag.i ended up bringing it home and im sure glad i did.

the saxet show in austin is much bigger than sa's.i have never been to the houston show yet how does it compare to austin's?

austins next show IS in august.

You sure you went to the SAXET show in San Antonio, and not the TGS show in Live Oak? I've been to the Austin SAXET show at the Travis Expo Center (or whatever it's called), and while it was a nice show it wasn't bigger than the one in SA, much less "much" bigger.

I wish there was a SAXET show in Austin in July, I've got some free time and would like to drive up for another one. There were a few vendors that we don't get down here in SA, but as TRN noted the Premier Gun Show here the weekend of 21-22 July is the one not to miss!

Cheers! M2

coats04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    SMITHVILLE,TEXAS
    You sure you went to the SAXET show in San Antonio, and not the TGS show in Live Oak? I've been to the Austin SAXET show at the Travis Expo Center (or whatever it's called), and while it was a nice show it wasn't bigger than the one in SA, much less "much" bigger.

I wish there was a SAXET show in Austin in July, I've got some free time and would like to drive up for another one. There were a few vendors that we don't get down here in SA, but as TRN noted the Premier Gun Show here the weekend of 21-22 July is the one not to miss!

Cheers! M2

your right it was the live oak show i attended.where/when is the sa show held?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    your right it was the live oak show i attended.where/when is the sa show held?

Hate to tell you this, but you probably went to the worst show in SA! Friends don't let friends go to any Texas Gun Shows shows!

The monthly SAXET show (which is the first full weekend of each month, so it'll next next weekend) is at the SA Event Center at 410 @ Marbach. Some of us meet up at the IHOP right out front for breakfast beforehand, around 8:00am. Normally I go on Saturday as I like the best selection, some prefer later on Sunday so you can bargain more. I may go both days this weekend for personal reasons.

The bigger/better show is later this month (21-22 July) is at the Freeman Expo Center, right next to the AT&T Center. I just started a thread on it in the SA section of the forum. We have breakfast before that one as well (see a trend here? ), but I'm not sure if we're going to our usual spot or someplace different.

Either beats the TGS show in Live Oak but a Texas mile (and then some). Those shows have been sucking wind for a few years now, and they're no longer worth the time/effort/money...

Cheers! M2

HippiePhd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I don't know what happened to Saxet in Austin - a few years ago it was an awesome place for deals and hard to find items. It has a distinct flea market feel to it these days. I'm guessing they know they're on the down swing as well since they don't even bother putting on every month any more like they used to.

Best deals are online and direct sales via forums now. There just isn't much incentive to go these days except to kill a few hours looking at stuff.

Bumblingbear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Austin
    The Saxet show in Austin is super lame these days. I still go when I can because it beats watching TV (and I want to support the hobby), but let's call a spade a spade.

The only thing I can definitely say the Austin show ever did for me was finally get me into reloading. I just needed to talk to the right person at the right time, and I still use the recipe book I bought off that guy.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'd agree with the general consensus that they're lame. The local show in Austin and the one up near Killeen - prices were retail or worse. Seriously I priced several lever actions and I can get 'em better prices local. Priced powder, bullets, boxed ammo - each and every one I could get a better price at McBrides. Pffft - only good for killing time is all I can see. Seems like everyone plays with the dang buzzapers and AR's everywhere making it look like just more of teh same ol same ol...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    San Antonio isn't that far from Austin, if I lived up there I would make the trek for the two big shows down in SA (SAXET and Premier). You don't have to be at the doors when the open like some of us, but it's worth the drive to experience what a decent gun show is like!

Cheers! M2

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Finally time for the show! It will be interesting to see how the crowds are this weekend due to the various shootings and anti-gun buzz lately, and because it's been a while since we've had a show in Austin.

My window this weekend is early Saturday morning, hoping to finally get my hands on the elusive 9mm Shield. I've never been there when they open - how is the crowd at 9:00 am? Is there typically a long wait to get in?

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    The last one I went to this spring I got there at 8:45. 5th in line. At doors open there were 20 people. It was cold and raining though.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I plan to get there at 9am. Anybody up for tacos at Donn's at 8:30am?

Donn's BBQ
    10003 Farm to Market 969, Austin, TX 78725

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    San Antonio isn't that far from Austin, if I lived up there I would make the trek for the two big shows down in SA (SAXET and Premier). You don't have to be at the doors when the open like some of us, but it's worth the drive to experience what a decent gun show is like!

Cheers! M2
    No doubt. Last month (7/21), we were in San Antonio for a basketball tournament (my boy, not me). Saw the signs for the SAXET at the Freeman Colliseum, so we went. Much better than Austin. And despite telling myself that my bonus would be reserved solely for a new safe, I ran across a Savage FVSR. Had to take it home. Was glad I went.

That said, I still can't help but go support the Austin show. I hated when we didn't have Saxet (it went away right before I got back into guns).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom