• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    There's a guy on Trader with the username gun01789 that's showing all the signs of a scammer. He had several listings up for sale last night, including a Kimber Tactical Pro II 9mm and a Springfield 1911. Now he only has one listing remaining: All Texas : Colt Python 357 6 Inch Blue in Original Box : Pistols

Anyway, I emailed him about the Kimber 9mm and here's what I got:

alexrex20 said:
    You still have this? Where in Houston are you?

btw, this is the guy's actual email address
    privatteowner@gmail.com said:
    Hello ,Thanks for your response,.I still have the gun...Its in a perfect condition,comes with all papers including purchase manuals, insurance,tools,Original box,all paperwork and other accessories.It has no scratches or handling mark because i didn't really use it....it has a good feel in the hand and also has a good balance.....I am selling this lovely gun because i'm in a huge Money problem and have no choice than to put a few things out for quick sale,that is why i am really looking out for cash only,not interested in trades..I am currently in Manning,SC...I listed the gun here because I bought it here and was made to realise this kind of firearms are mostly collected here also,so i felt i would get a quick buyer from here.I can deactivate the listing ,so you can consider it sold to you .I am available for a FTF or betterstill,I will handle shipping cost individually to your FFL dealer.I'm a military man so shipping is no problem so that you can know the kind of person you are dealing with... Let me know what works for you....

Thanks.

James

alexrex20 said:
    I'm only looking to do a FTF deal. When will you be back in Houston?

I do not stay in Houston,i listed it there because i wanted to sell it faster..However,if you are interested,i will pay for shipping to your ffl so you need not to cover any extra expenses
    alexrex20 said:
    So what kind of payment do you need? Can I send a personal check?

Thank you Alex..Personal check works fine with me because it is easily reversible.And consider we have a deal... Please mail out your FFL copy and a personal check via Fed ex/UPS/USPS next day delivery to my mailing address below:

NAME: James B. Colesman
    ADDRESS: 2484 Bill Davis Road
    CITY: Manning
    STATE: South Carolina
    ZIP CODE: 29102

There after,get back to me with a scanned copy of the mailing receipt and the Tracking Number and once mail is confirmed by Tuesday,i will ship the same day to your FFL dealer via UPS next day air with insurance..I will ship along with all its extras and the box...Once i ship out,i will get back to you also with a scanned copy of the shipping receipt and the Tracking Number so that you can keep track of the package as it is on its way to your dealer..If i ship Tuesday,it should get to your dealer by or before 12P.M Wednesday..SO kindly keep in touch in the morning sir... Do have a lovely night and a stress-free week ahead.

James
    priivatteowner@gmail.com said:
    Please confirm if we got a deal.... Thanks

The last email was a different account from the first, with an extra I in 'privatte.' I'm sure it has something to do with the scam...

I knew he was a scammer from the getgo, after being alerted by another member on TGTrader. I figured I'd send the guy an email to see what's up. Judge for yourself.

So even if you're on TGTrader only 1% as much as me, please be careful. If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is!

NEVER SEND MONEY TO A STRANGER!!!

Capitol Armory ad

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    My buddy emailed him about the Springfield 1911, and got the same exact email reply - word for word.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    sooo many lately. a guy has a Ruger 1911SR for $650 advertised out of San Antonio. He claims he's in the military and on active duty in California. Regardless if it's legit or not, that's no way to instill trust on a gun purchase. I've seen BS ads and lots of em down in the Brownsville area within a 50 mile radius. Lots of scams. I do local FTF only and yes, I'm packing.

Personally I've never had a bad experience other than the low balls even the very reasonable price is advertised as firm.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I haven't even had any no shows, so mostly good experiences with me. But that's only because I stay away from anything that even remotely smells like a scam.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This description shows he has no idea on selling guns to people that know guns. What the hell is insurance? Tools? Thats stupid. Feels good in the hand? Good balance? Lovely gun? I have never heard the word "lovely" referred to any self respecting firearm, in my entire life. Military man? I was a soldier in the US Army. And damn proud to say it, just like that. "military man"....is what you are called.

Hello ,Thanks for your response,.I still have the gun...Its in a perfect condition,comes with all papers including purchase manuals, insurance,tools,Original box,all paperwork and other accessories.It has no scratches or handling mark because i didn't really use it....it has a good feel in the hand and also has a good balance.....I am selling this lovely gun because i'm in a huge Money problem and have no choice than to put a few things out for quick sale,that is why i am really looking out for cash only,not interested in trades..I am currently in Manning,SC...I listed the gun here because I bought it here and was made to realise this kind of firearms are mostly collected here also,so i felt i would get a quick buyer from here.I can deactivate the listing ,so you can consider it sold to you .I am available for a FTF or betterstill,I will handle shipping cost individually to your FFL dealer.I'm a military man so shipping is no problem so that you can know the kind of person you are dealing with... Let me know what works for you....

Thanks.

James

​

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    my favorite part is that he says he's "available for FTF but better still" he can ship it for free. FAIL lol

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Surprised he is saying to use USPS. Usually these scammers want you to use FEDEX or UPS to avoid additional mail and wire fraud charges.

Jrygrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Far West Texas
    I had a very similar scammer try tocheat me out of a motorcycle on craigslist.
    Everytime we talked he used a different email and worked on an oil rig so he didnt have internet but talked via email and wanted to paypal me the money, no internet huh?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Actually I would've taken PayPal. I've sold many things (not just guns) to those oil and gas guys. The very first one told me he was offshore so his dad would meet me to get the item, etc. Called from an international number. I was pretty rude in my initial reply. The guy replied and said, "You need to stop being so paranoid," and explained the situation. It turned out to be completely legit and I felt like an idiot and an asshole.

Recently, I bought a pistol from a guy that was local, but also in oil and gas. He had all these excuses about being out of town, and emailed me from 3 different accounts. It smelled of scam all over, but he turned out to be legit as well.

As long as you can meet them FTF, then I don't really have an issue...

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    BTW, the guy emailed me back asking if I'm still interested. Here's my most recent response:

alexrex20 said:
    Can you send me the pistol first for me to inspect it? I don't really like buying things without handling them first.

Top Bottom