• leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

“SCCY”

A while back, a new company with high tech CNC machinery came out with a big splash but soon seemingly disappeared.

IIRC, they had two smallish CC 9mm Semi-Auto’s, one striker & one w/ a regular hammer.

What ever happened to this outfit and their bargain guns ?

Did anyone here ever buy their stuff ?

leVieux
    ?
    Military Camp

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    They are still around. I recently traded for two of them. Both like NIB, except one was disassembled too far and a couple of parts were missing from the ziplock it came in. (I call them bag-o-guns, and buy everyone I come across)
    For $30 round trip shipping, they returned it like new in a week.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I have one that I think I paid $200 new.
    It might be the worst $200 I’ve ever spent on guns. I have no idea how they managed to make a 9mm have so much muzzle flip. I own at least a couple dozen 9mm handguns, and this thing recoils far more than any of them. Even more than a much lighter polymer framed single stack.
    On the plus side, it does go bang every time.

ETA- Forgot to mention, the trigger sucks, and it’s not accurate.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    <>

“SCCY”

A while back, a new company with high tech CNC machinery came out with a big splash but soon seemingly disappeared.

IIRC, they had two smallish CC 9mm Semi-Auto’s, one striker & one w/ a regular hammer.

What ever happened to this outfit and their bargain guns ?

Did anyone here ever buy their stuff ?

leVieux
    ?
    Junk. Avoid.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    They are still around. I recently traded for two of them. Both like NIB, except one was disassembled too far and a couple of parts were missing from the ziplock it came in. (I call them bag-o-guns, and buy everyone I come across)
    You wanna trade for another one?

webb971

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Cleburne

Where do you find a bag of gun??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Wife did her research and decided that was the one for her. I tried to talk her out of it but no. To say the least it was her first and most horrible choice in choosing a pistol. Horrible trigger and sub grade reliability, what am I saying no reliability. A trip back and no change. Found it a new home. Now she has a Ruger SP101 3" .357 . Much better choice.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Clerk First
    I look at that, and i know its a turd. I can smell it, even, and thats very impressive for a picture of a gun on the internet that was taken back in 1976.

The evil of the FMK is that it's a cheap gun sold at academy. I've lost track of how many poor bastards got duped by these.

I have seen none that worked. None.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Maybe you guys just had bad luck but, I had no problems with the SCCY's that I owned. No, it doesn't have a trigger like a 1911. It's like a double action revolver. If you shoot it like a double action revolver, it works great.
    Yeah, it has some serious recoil but, it's a small and lightweight gun made to carry discreetly.
    The ones that I had were bought in the $175 to $225 range. It's pretty inexpensive so I didn't expect a lot of refinements. Between my buddy and I, we put 1,000 rounds through one without an issue. You could do a lot worse than a SCCY.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Mine HAS been reliable the few mags I’ve run through it.
    It HAS NOT been accurate. That combined with the horrible trigger and ridiculous muzzle flip are enough for me to say no thanks.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I own one because it's the best gun available for $225.

7jcn3x.jpg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I bought one about 5 years ago at a gun show. Paid like $175 for it.
    Trigger sucked, but it went bang every time.
    Sold it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Maybe you guys just had bad luck but, I had no problems with the SCCY's that I owned. No, it doesn't have a trigger like a 1911. It's like a double action revolver. If you shoot it like a double action revolver, it works great.
    Yeah, it has some serious recoil but, it's a small and lightweight gun made to carry discreetly.
    The ones that I had were bought in the $175 to $225 range. It's pretty inexpensive so I didn't expect a lot of refinements. Between my buddy and I, we put 1,000 rounds through one without an issue. You could do a lot worse than a SCCY.
    It's good to hear at least some positive experience with them, but thats not what I've seen. I've literally found (2) sccy slides that had been forgotten or lost after they got launched down range. 2 isn't very many but it's weird it's happened twice.

i like me some DA, but every sccy I've felt like the trigger bar, sear and hammer were made out of sandpaper, and were inconsistent.

Top Bottom