• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doubled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    frisco, tx
    Why mildot? I'm simply curious.

I wanted .1 mildot click values and the mildot reticle so its fast and easy adjustments without having to do alot of math (if it was in 1/4" or MOA adjustments)

if I have to hold over 1, its 10 clicks. simple....

making the dope chart is easier as well (in my awkward brain)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I have shot the Nightforce 3.5-15 x 50 NXS, really nice. You can get the Mil-Dot reticle if you like, exceptional glass.

If it fits your budget, it will be a hard one to beat.

Opulence 870

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    HOUSTON
    Ha this is wierd I just bought a Remington 700 sps tactical .308 w/ 1/10 Krieger barrel. I have about 800 to spend cause i gotta save also for some rings so I was wondering the same there Ghost. Alot of guys off snipers hide forum say try a SWFA SS as a good scope. But like previously stated great question Ghost. I too am interested.

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Ha this is wierd I just bought a Remington 700 sps tactical .308 w/ 1/10 Krieger barrel. I have about 800 to spend cause i gotta save also for some rings so I was wondering the same there Ghost. Alot of guys off snipers hide forum say try a SWFA SS as a good scope. But like previously stated great question Ghost. I too am interested.

Yeah, alot of the guys on snipers hide are real assholes too. Nothing but BS from most all of them. And from what i hear is that the SWFA SS is a great scope too, but I want a mil-dot reticle with the .1mil click adjustments. Much easier this way, and 1/4MOA adjustments dont like to configure in my brain

Opulence 870

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    HOUSTON
    Yeah, alot of the guys on snipers hide are real assholes too. Nothing but BS from most all of them. And from what i hear is that the SWFA SS is a great scope too, but I want a mil-dot reticle with the .1mil click adjustments. Much easier this way, and 1/4MOA adjustments dont like to configure in my brain

Hell yes!!!! You are right my friend that they are somewhat. I also agree with you on the mil-dot btw where u located Ghost? Why i ask is the high caliber gun show is this weekend at pasadena and im betting they might have some choices out there. But if u find something please let me know.

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Hell yes!!!! You are right my friend that they are somewhat. I also agree with you on the mil-dot btw where u located Ghost? Why i ask is the high caliber gun show is this weekend at pasadena and im betting they might have some choices out there. But if u find something please let me know.

Im located in North Austin. I dont know what your price range is but these two look pretty good and at a decent price.
    Bushnell elite 2300 10x40 riflscope with mil dot reticle
    Millett 4-16x50 TRS-1 tactiacal 30mm riflscope

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Sightron SIII 10x42 only problem is it's still 1/4 moa, to get the .1 mrad, it's a hefty extra cost.

Yeah, thats what I'm finding out too. Mil/mil scopes are either around 300 or up to 1000. Me personally, Im only going to be shooting Hajji paper targets, from 200-1000 meters, so I'm kinda leaning towards the 300$ range, its just too much money for me to go out shooting once or twice a month. I would like to go hunting but dont know too many people that hunt or have land. I've only live in Austin for a little over a year, and texas for 5 years (4 of those were at Fort Hood and most of it was in Iraq) so there goes my urge for hunting.

Top Bottom