• MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

Unknown how this will affect the TX troops at Eagle Pass park -

Mods - if you want, please merge these threads...3 now at last count, here's another. I couldn't find the right one to put this in...so... here ya go.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    SCOTUS are fools - the law is on the side of the State, given the Federal government's abdication of their duties.

They are trying to avoid increasing tensions - which is exactly what this ruling will do.

Abbott needs to stand firm, and if necessary, Texas DPS and National Guard elements need to begin arresting and disarming ANY Federal agents near the border, and turning back illegals. Any illegals here need to be shipped to Washington DC so they overwhelm the resources there and put the spotlight front and center - drop the illegals off on the steps of the US Capitol. Smuggle them in to DC in the dead of night if necessary.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Though troubling, I'm not ready to condemn the decision just yet.
    This current SCOTUS is about as constitution centric as I've seen in a long time.
    There's a handful of people on here I am waiting to hear from on this.
    My legal-fu is weak.

I'll give this some time and contemplation.
    The stakes are high at this level.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just reading the link and other sources, it seems the SCOTUS decision is focused on the razor wire, and not other actions.
    I don't see any reference to stopping ALL Texas National Guard activities.

Cross our fingers...

Razor wire on state lands should be entirely out of the purview of the Feds, and anywhere else on the border should be covered because of the failure of the Federal government to uphold its responsibilities to the States.

Short of shooting invaders, what is the Guard going to do? Collect the illegals and give them hot chocolate and blankets like the BP is doing? The razor wire sends the message - go home.

Texas guard members need to arrest Feds, plain and simple. Force a showdown - be it in the courts, or with bullets if it comes to it.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Just reading the link and other sources, it seems the SCOTUS decision is focused on the razor wire, and not other actions.
    I don't see any reference to stopping ALL Texas National Guard activities.

Cross our fingers...
    All fingers crossed. Here's the deal.

IF the razor wire was preventing the illegals from crossing...that meant TNG didn't have to directly engage a lot of them.

Now that the wire will be gone - what exactly will TNG do when they're face to face? Aren't their orders to arrest them? What's the troop strength? Sufficient? This will not end well I'm afraid.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Sasquatch, you're preachin' to the choir. My point is that maybe a loophole can be figured out so that The TX Guard can keep the feds out of Eagle Pass, continue to turn back or arrest aliens, etc.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    All fingers crossed. Here's the deal.

IF the razor wire was preventing the illegals from crossing...that meant TNG didn't have to directly engage a lot of them.

Now that the wire will be gone - what exactly will TNG do when they're face to face? Aren't their orders to arrest them? What's the troop strength? Sufficient? This will not end well I'm afraid.

The wire should stay - Roberts and Barrett's treason be damned.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    If we go pure state vs federal scotus is right even though nobody here agrees. Unfortunately scotus can not make feds enforce federal law as there would be no need for Texas to be doing any of this at our expense. Arresting all of the illegals is the best we can do and shipping them to democratic cities is a great idea. Beverly Hills is a nice location too.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Border Patrol are tools of the Cartels. They are scum.

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Amy Coney Barrett, Ketanji Brown Jackson, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor sided with the administration. Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas voted with Texas

Of the three Trump appointees, only Gorsuch is a solid conservative vote. The other two are on the wrongside too often, though at least Kavanaugh got this one right.

Maybe a few dozen buses dropped off at their homes might help them understand the problem.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom