• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Maybe a coalition secession is possible? It has to be a better alternative to another civil war and the democrats have been itching to shred the constitution for years. They can let anyone from anywhere vote in their one party elections which will basically just be a symbolic formality at that point. No more gun rights for their citizens. No more police and no pushback or opposition. It'd be everything they ever wanted. And just think if we ever crossed over into their "utopia" we'd be treated like kings and queens :laughing:
    Yeah, Kelly's idea is a good one....except for the fact that the Red States that might join in are all run by feckless Republicans and RINOs, which are pretty much the same thing now, when it comes to doing what needs doing.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I think the single biggest thing that could turn our country around is returning to a country of faith and values. Christianity is almost looked at as a terrorist organization now. A large part of the people who run this country turned their back on Jesus for vain ambition, greed and popularity. All morality and good conscience has been ripped from the very fabric of our country. Christianity in large part now is whatever you want it to be. Liberals try their hardest to twist the words of the Bible in favor and in support of every vile perversion people conjure up these days. We need a country wide revival where Jesus is put back in first place in this country. Do that and everything will turn around.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Hey @BigRed , in all seriousness, do you think secession (either by one or a coalition) would fix anything? Sure, central state is gone - but it would be replaced by the same players, of all flavors. One advantage would be closer accountability... but again it would be the same apathetic sheep expecting services. Whatcha think?

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Hey @BigRed , in all seriousness, do you think secession (either by one or a coalition) would fix anything? Sure, central state is gone - but it would be replaced by the same players, of all flavors. One advantage would be closer accountability... but again it would be the same apathetic sheep expecting services. Whatcha think?
    I do. Keeping .gov close enables citizens to keep it more accountable. As it stands now, many in the States lean on the central state to avoid accountability. "The federal government requires" or "recommends" is an excuse that is a fallback crutch when pushed.

I can get in front of every senator and representative in my state as well as the governor. The same cannot be said of the folks in a little district far away.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I think the single biggest thing that could turn our country around is returning to a country of faith and values. Christianity is almost looked at as a terrorist organization now. A large part of the people who run this country turned their back on Jesus for vain ambition, greed and popularity. All morality and good conscience has been ripped from the very fabric of our country. Christianity in large part now is whatever you want it to be. Liberals try their hardest to twist the words of the Bible in favor and in support of every vile perversion people conjure up these days. We need a country wide revival where Jesus is put back in first place in this country. Do that and everything will turn around.
    That may be, and the founding fathers would likely agree!

FYI religious ideas/topics/etc are kept out of TGT posts to keep things peaceful. More on that in the forum rules if ya want.
    You're new & didn't know, so no harm no foul. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I do. Keeping .gov close enables citizens to keep it more accountable. As it stands now, many in the States lean on the central state to avoid accountability. "The federal government requires" or "recommends" is an excuse that is a fallback crutch when pushed.

I can get in front of every senator and representative in my state as well as the governor. The same cannot be said of the folks in a little district far away.
    True enough. The other night on Bongino he said back in 1786 there was an average of like 1 representative for every 1400 citizens, and now there's 1 for every 47,000. Or something like that. LOL
    Whiskey kickin in, time to log off. Seeya! :laughing::laughing:

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX

Unknown how this will affect the TX troops at Eagle Pass park -

Mods - if you want, please merge these threads...3 now at last count, here's another. I couldn't find the right one to put this in...so... here ya go.
    Ignore them, same as the Biden regime does.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    That may be, and the founding fathers would likely agree!

FYI religious ideas/topics/etc are kept out of TGT posts to keep things peaceful. More on that in the forum rules if ya want.
    You're new & didn't know, so no harm no foul. :)
    I guess I missed that rule or just didn't expect that to be an issue coming from a pro constitution Texas based community. No offense but hat's more something I would expect from a community of liberals / democrats. I'm shocked that bashing and expressing very strong negative opinions and facts about people, politicians and laws is perfectly acceptable, but something with a hint positivity towards solving huge and broken problem in our country is banned lol.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I guess I missed that rule or just didn't expect that to be an issue coming from a pro constitution Texas based community. No offense but hat's more something I would expect from a community of liberals / democrats. I'm shocked that bashing and expressing very strong negative opinions and facts about people, politicians and laws is perfectly acceptable, but something with a hint positivity towards solving huge and broken problem in our country is banned lol.
    The rule is stated as follows:

Religion
    Discussions on religion are not allowed, as people cannot discuss the subject without behavior on the forum devolving. It also tends to derail threads. All threads concerning religion will be locked and/or deleted.

Based upon my reading of your comment it appeared a bit preachy and didactic. Clearly it was intended to be positive and constructive. Nothing you stated would bring out the ban hammer, but as Mountain Girl kindly pointed out, we have rules.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    The rule is stated as follows:

Religion
    Discussions on religion are not allowed, as people cannot discuss the subject without behavior on the forum devolving. It also tends to derail threads. All threads concerning religion will be locked and/or deleted.

Based upon my reading of your comment it appeared a bit preachy and didactic. Clearly it was intended to be positive and constructive. Nothing you stated would bring out the ban hammer, but as Mountain Girl kindly pointed out, we have rules.
    And all I was saying is that with the conversations that are had on here, and that the general feel on the threads is that this is a community that are pro constitution and and pro freedom I am genuinely shocked that that is were the line is drawn lol. I'm not angry or anything I'm just surprised is all.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    And all I was saying is that with the conversations that are had on here, and that the general feel on the threads is that this is a community that are pro constitution and and pro freedom I am genuinely shocked that that is were the line is drawn lol. I'm not angry or anything I'm just surprised is all.
    That line was drawn long before I got here, and it's a good rule, imo. You'll find that many, if not most, of the TGT'ers who post are believers - and it's out of respect for those who are not, and to keep the forum from devolving into religious flame wars, is why this works. :)

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    If I wanted to hear about Jesus I would go to church or gather with family and friends. This forum is Not the place.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    The Cliff's Notes version....

Robert Lewis Dabney had it nailed.... all the way back in 1897.

“This conservative party is a party which never conserves anything. Its history has been that it demurs to each aggression of the progressive party, and aims to save its credit by a respectable amount of growling, but always acquiesces at last in the innovation. What was the resisted novelty of yesterday is today one of the accepted principles of conservatism; it is now conservative only in affecting to resist the next innovation, which will tomorrow be forced upon its timidity and will be succeeded by some third revolution; to be denounced and then adopted in its turn. American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. This pretended salt hath utterly lost its savor: wherewith shall it be salted? Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom. It always when about to enter a protest very blandly informs the wild beast whose path it essays to stop, that its “bark is worse than its bite,” and that it only means to save its manners by enacting its decent role of resistance: The only practical purpose which it now subserves in American politics is to give enough exercise to Radicalism to keep it “in wind,” and to prevent its becoming pursy and lazy, from having nothing to whip.”
    AI is intended to be the final distortion of reality tool, that tool is being designed to make it totally impossible for even the elect to be fooled into believe the Big Lie is truth. And that the Real Truth is a lie.

I am currently trying to deal with Google's most recent terms of service for my Verizon cell phone account. Google masks what their real goal is, by trying to make you believe your solution is their latest software update.

The new terms of service are vague. But the last lines in the terms of service allows you to cease using their services without a penalty. The I was told by the lady running the Verizon local office that I could continue to use Verizon's service and part with the Google services. I've not made up my mind yet.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    If I wanted to hear about Jesus I would go to church or gather with family and friends. This forum is Not the place.
    Most of the time, our conversations here reveal where our allegiance is. But you are correct, religious arguments here are pointless. I'm a newcomer, but understand this. But the path out is seeking Truth, and many will never see it.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    That line was drawn long before I got here, and it's a good rule, imo. You'll find that many, if not most, of the TGT'ers who post are believers - and it's out of respect for those who are not, and to keep the forum from devolving into religious flame wars, is why this works. :)
    I understand what you mean. I hope whatever I say going forward never has that outcome. I can't promise I will always adhere to that rule lol but I won't go out of my way or off topic or start a thread about it or anything. Please don't blacklist me from the parties and gatherings either :laughing:.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    AI is intended to be the final distortion of reality tool, that tool is being designed to make it totally impossible for even the elect to be fooled into believe the Big Lie is truth. And that the Real Truth is a lie.

I am currently trying to deal with Google's most recent terms of service for my Verizon cell phone account. Google masks what their real goal is, by trying to make you believe your solution is their latest software update.

The new terms of service are vague. But the last lines in the terms of service allows you to cease using their services without a penalty. The I was told by the lady running the Verizon local office that I could continue to use Verizon's service and part with the Google services. I've not made up my mind yet.
    As much as I hate to say it I would not recommend ditching it all together. If you do that you won't be able to access the Google Play App Store. Any apps on your phone would become stale and no longer receive security updates. Those updates are one your first lines of defense against hackers and intruders.

Here are a few alternative options:

1. Get an iPhone. I know Apple is not much better. I disagree with almost everything they promote and stand behind politically. One thing they are not though is data gathering company. They will if you give them permission but otherwise one of the few good things about them is that their dedication to security and privacy, even when it comes to sharing your information with the government, is top notch. They have many tools in fact that allow you to block out all the garbage Google tries to do. For example "hide my email" you can create as many random email addresses as you want that all discreetly link bank your main email. There is also private relay which is kind of like a vpn. It blocks websites from tracking you.

2. Make a fake email for your google account and turn everything off, including your location services, and use it just so you have access to the App Store.

3. Opt out of their tracking and AI services and don't use you the Chrome App. Use the Opera browser. Opera has a built in free VPN you can toggle on and off. It also has a paid version of their VPN.

4. Use the Brave Private Web Browser.

5. Get a VPN. NordVPN is really good. You can put it on your, computers, even use it for your TV. It's very cheap and fairly easy to setup and configure.

These things are my area of expertise. I am a professional nerd haha. If you need any assistance or have additional questions please feel free to reach out to me.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    As much as I hate to say it I would not recommend ditching it all together. If you do that you won't be able to access the Google Play App Store. Any apps on your phone would become stale and no longer receive security updates. Those updates are one your first lines of defense against hackers and intruders.

Here are a few alternative options:

1. Get an iPhone. I know Apple is not much better. I disagree with almost everything they promote and stand behind politically. One thing they are not though is data gathering company. They will if you give them permission but otherwise one of the few good things about them is that their dedication to security and privacy, even when it comes to sharing your information with the government, is top notch. They have many tools in fact that allow you to block out all the garbage Google tries to do. For example "hide my email" you can create as many random email addresses as you want that all discreetly link bank your main email. There is also private relay which is kind of like a vpn. It blocks websites from tracking you.

2. Make a fake email for your google account and turn everything off, including your location services, and use it just so you have access to the App Store.

3. Opt out of their tracking and AI services and don't use you the Chrome App. Use the Opera browser. Opera has a built in free VPN you can toggle on and off. It also has a paid version of their VPN.

4. Use the Brave Private Web Browser.

5. Get a VPN. NordVPN is really good. You can put it on your, computers, even use it for your TV. It's very cheap and fairly easy to setup and configure.

These things are my area of expertise. I am a professional nerd haha. If you need any assistance or have additional questions please feel free to reach out to me.
    Thanks. I'm 76, Ham radio op (Extra) for 48 years, GROL Commercial license. Built 1st PC in 1982. Love the technology, but hate how it is being used today. Understand your suggestions, appreciate the perspective. Wife has an I phone.

Top Bottom