• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Didn't really mean monetarily, though it can happen. Just eat em up...and it won't be a loss.:cool:

Think I spent around 3-3.50 a pound last year with feed and processing. Still cheaper than HEB by a good margin for super lean and 100% drug and med free. Would have been even cheaper, but I got nearly 40# of sausage this time. As good as that sausage is this time, I might grind everything up and make it all sausage next time. Tis that good....at least we think so.:cool:

Nah...need chili meat and hamburger too.......dang, now I am hungry again.

Dang it..... when does hunting season start? cuz im getting anxious, with all this talk about filling feeders, hunting..., too bad it looks dismal this year....
    Guns International

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    From what I am seeing around SA, it may not be that bad. I've seen several bucks in super shape all things considered. Have a 8 pt running around my house that is in extremely good shape. Maybe it won't totally suck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    save some money and fill your feeder with water, will probly bring more in than the corn will if we dont get some rain soon, corn was 8.97 for 50 at walmart today, i'm holdin out for now since we have the only water for a couple miles, at least until the tank dries up.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    save some money and fill your feeder with water, will probly bring more in than the corn will if we dont get some rain soon, corn was 8.97 for 50 at walmart today, i'm holdin out for now since we have the only water for a couple miles, at least until the tank dries up.

I have never heard of that.... im afraid that it will ruin my digital feeder.... but you are right , water is more scarce that food now....

what is the cycle/duration time of your feeder with water?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have never heard of that.... im afraid that it will ruin my digital feeder.... but you are right , water is more scarce that food now....

what is the cycle/duration time of your feeder with water?

remove timer and set drum in empty livestock syrup bucket on blocks about a foot off the bottom of the bucket and fill drum with water, should dispense water same as the dog watering bowls, i may actually try it if it doesnt rain soon and the tank dries up.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    remove timer and set drum in empty livestock syrup bucket on blocks about a foot off the bottom of the bucket and fill drum with water, should dispense water same as the dog watering bowls, i may actually try it if it doesnt rain soon and the tank dries up.

we have been taking 55g drums full of water and filling small water troughs and dumping any extra water in the mud holes

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Nothing big yet, but I am getting some action at my feeder. I've never done this before so I'm excited (even if this is a 20# dear).

SUNP0026.jpg SUNP0025.jpg SUNP0030.jpg

Had some movement on a couple other days, but one just caught tail end of a deer and others triggered but there was nothing to see. Of course, there were also several of the birds enjoying the free food.

Now, I'm really thinking of setting up some kind of water thing out there. Might even talk to the adjacent landowner to see if he is interested in keeping it full if I do get something out there.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Looks like 60 lbs. Water would help.

It takes deer awhile to pattern to a new feed location. Give it another couple of weeks.

Top Bottom