Join TexasGunTalk

Sh... you see at the range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Kar98, Feb 13, 2017.

1. DoubleDuty

DoubleDuty Member

Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    The worst thing I've done so far is hit one of the binder clips holding the target.

V-Tach likes this.
  2. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Bunch of kids yesterday walked in. Grabbed their rented handguns, loaded up all their ammo and took the target out to 25 yards. Then proceeded to mag dump all their ammo into the target. One holding the guns gangsta style. One limp wristing a 19x, and one kid shooting both the floor and the ceiling. They were in there for about 10 minutes with 200 rounds of ammo. They brought their target back and there was 13 holes in the target. I literally could count all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

birddog, seeker_two, pharmaco and 2 others like this.
  3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That sounds about like Odessa Outdoors.

4. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I sometimes do that intentionally if the guy next to me is being a dick. I’ll shoot his clips so he has to go back out of the range to get a new target and clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

birddog likes this.
  5. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    That was a direct quote. People lie about the zero on their guns. What their "1,000 yard zero" actually means is "the guy at cabellas did a bore sight and said its good to go"

toddnjoyce likes this.
  6. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    I keep 2 kits, an IFAK with all the serious stuff, and a small kit with bandaids, antibiotics, pain releivers, etc.

Thank god i haven't had to use my IFAK

7. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Well-Known TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    We carry a full trauma kit.

Same same....thank God we havent needed it.

birddog, zackmars and ZX9RCAM like this.
  8. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    I don't shoot rifles often. I've always heard a bore sight will get you on paper at a known distance. My ancient Hi Point carbine had no sights when I bought it. Company sent them to me. Followed their instructions to "get on paper" and it shoots 10" high at 25 yards. No adjustments left on rear sights. So the crude front post will have to be moved. Would a bore sight help in this instance?

9. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county

A bore sight is generally good for 50 yards, but i can often get people on paper at 100 if the stars align

A bore sight would not help you. I don't think you can use a collimator (spelling?) With irons, and hi-point carbines have a wall that blocks you from looking straight through the barrel.

Since your rear sight is out of adjustment, change the setting on your front sight. You will need to lower it.

10. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Uh, no.

To lower the point of impact, the front sight needs to be raised.

birddog, Bozz10mm, SQLGeek and 4 others like this.