APOD Firearms

Shall not be infringed, what does that mean?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "shall not be infringed" means exactly that, I can own anything that can be classified as "arms"

• Total voters

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I thought the quads came with their own trailer.

easy rider,

All the ones that we had OCONUS were mounted in the bed of a big (deuce & a half or five-ton) truck.
    (I think the ones that ADA has or had are what you're thinking of. = I'm not sure that even the ADA folks still have the quad-Deuce, as I retired in 2006.)

Fwiw, what I'd REALLY like to own is a S-A War era Colt's "Tater Digger" and/or a brass-mounted 1907 Maxim gun with all "the goodies", in 7x57mm, 8mm Mauser or 7.62 Russian.
    (Only a German manufacturer would make a PRECISION-MACHINED white-brass oiler for a MG!!)
    About 4 years ago, I bid upon a Maxim gun (in a "silent" auction) but was out-bid by 35 bucks. = I said "Well !@#$%^!"

yours, satx

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

All the ones that we had OCONUS were mounted in the bed of a big (deuce & a half or five-ton) truck.
    (I think the ones that ADA has or had are what you're thinking of. = I'm not sure that even the ADA folks still have the quad-Deuce, as I retired in 2006.)

yours, satx
    I want one with it's own trailer, so there!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

Well OK. That's FINE with me. = The ones that Combat Support Mike Papas had were all truck-bed mounted.
    (I suspect that the Air Defense folks now have all VULCAN guns, as the Quad-50 guns are "getting long in the tooth".)

We MPs always "got the obsolete junk" that nobody else wanted. = 19-77H companies are "pretty good" at taking junk, rebuilding same "off the books" & using it for years.
    (I always chuckle when I think of the "mobile evidence van" that our USACIDC "jump unit" made out of three junked trucks with shop-van bodies & a junked deuce trailer, from the local PDO at Ft. Bragg. = One afternoon a "on TDY from another post" CSM said, "The truck that we had in Korea in 1966 had a dent just like that in the underbody. Wait a minute. That IS the truck that we had in Korea.")

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    vmax,

Actually, that was a prime example of early "fake news": According to official USA records, what GEN Haig said was, "I'm in charge here at the White House until the VPOTUS returns. Think of me as the temporary caretaker."
    (Of course, that comment isn't very controversial, so the "main-SLIME media" just plain lied.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The media was trying to create a Constitutional Crisis for sure..but ole Al was also trying to get his 15 minutes as well

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    vmax,

Fwiw, some 5 years later, Rufus Meadows (of the WH press corps) said, "We all despised Reagan & hated that SOB Haig too, so we decided to 'recreate' what he said & make news."
    He then LOL & said, "It worked better than we hoped. It got Haig in trouble & made the administration look clueless, too."

yours, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy,

I've been a city marshal in a small town & a deputy in a rural AR county & the USUAL "response time" was OVER a half-hour unless the caller was really lucky.
    (The nearest LE office to our family farm in NETX is about 40 minutes away by a winding/rough/"semi-improved" county road.)

On my "BAD night" long ago, when 4 drugged-up thugs wanted to burn our farmhouse with me inside, it took 23 minutes from the time that I called the county dispatch for the 1st deputy to arrive.
    (That 23 minutes seemed like 23 days to me.)
    Had I not had my kid sister's German Shepard & my old DB "bird gun" at our farm, I seriously doubt that I would be here to write these lines.
    ("Deputy Jack" L__________ said that the thugs, who were arrested near our farm, were afraid of the dog that they could hear barking & of the shotgun that I finally fired out the kitchen window, so they didn't throw their gasoline bombs.)

yours, satx
    That is reality SATX and its why we and I have guns at every point of entry to my home.

While yes, get outside the city limits and chances are not many folks are brave enough to cross high fence and I have signs at my 4 entrances that say Game Cameras in use and I have never had an issue with anyone on my property unwanted.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

I don't think game cameras even existed on my "BAD night".
    (In case that I wasn't clear, I was "scared spitless" by the thought of being burned alive. = Speed freaks will do anything.)

Since that night, our "farm rule" is that NOBODY goes about unarmed on the place.

yours, satx

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    vmax,

Fwiw, some 5 years later, Rufus Meadows (of the WH press corps) said, "We all despised Reagan & hated that SOB Haig too, so we decided to 'recreate' what he said & make news."
    He then LOL & said, "It worked better than we hoped. It got Haig in trouble & made the administration look clueless, too."

yours, satx

satx,

I get it

Yours, vmax

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy,

I don't think game cameras even existed on my "BAD night".
    (In case that I wasn't clear, I was "scared spitless" by the thought of being burned alive. = Speed freaks will do anything.)

Since that night, our "farm rule" is that NOBODY goes about unarmed on the place.

yours, satx
    WOW, not good. I don't carry here, but I grew carrying on our ranch but the thing was full of cotton mouths from the lake and rattlesnakes and one of my chores was keeping the place snake free as we also used the lake for recreation and fenced and cross fenced for the livestock.

TRYING to get the wife talked into a move out to Edwards County, nice hill country and very rural, in fact as the wife said when I mentioned it, there is NO, WalMart, Home Depot or even a McD's IN the county...well Hon, now you know WHY I want to live there....

Most of, STAY safe, this NOT the world I lived in when I was a Deputy Sheriff. Even the bad guys were different. They would tell ya, there is one thing you do not do and that is shoot a Sheriff, you do and ever Sheriff in the US is looking for ya. Besides all you guys carry a 'throw-down'!

My guess is you bust a lot of drugs, I never did a drug bust, but we busted a lot of MOONSHINERS...LOL different times.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

YEP, much different times.

We didn't have rattlers on our place. = The mosquitos, cottonmouths & gators ate all of 'em.

We didn't have the time or inclination to bust 'shiners, as there were too many drug dealers & smugglers taking up all of our time.
    (In one month, our county patrol busted 18 major smugglers.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom