• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I guess it's really no different than The People's Court that's been on TV for decades.
    Yeah except for the fact "The Peoples Court" is run and based on laws that were written for and when this Country was founded. Um Sharia law? Uh NOPE it was NEVER written nor helped found this Country!! Some people will just never get it....:banghead: And folks wonder what's happening to this Country and why it's getting worse!!! :roflfunny:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Yeah except for the fact "The Peoples Court" is run and based on laws that were written for and when this Country was founded. Um Sharia law? Uh NOPE it was NEVER written nor helped found this Country!! Some people will just never get it....:banghead: And folks wonder what's happening to this Country and why it's getting worse!!! :roflfunny:

Get a grip. Basicly they are just giving religious answers to questions and issues people bring to them. They don't have any secular authority. Not a whole lot different than your priest or church telling you what you should be doing. And as an aside generally speaking courts and laws are based off of common law which originated in a different country before this one existed.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    After reading the article, I gotta say I don't see anything worth getting up in arms over, with the caveat that this "tribunal" (is that the right word?) really does stick to civil matters, doesn't **** with or go against American law, and doesn't end with anyone getting hurt. As I understand it, the idea is that this group serves as an arbiter, nothing more, and can't actually enforce their rulings worth a damn.

That said, after seeing firsthand what happens when shit like this goes too far - let's cut the bullshit and stomp this into the fucking dirt where it belongs.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have no problems with people setting up any sort of mutually agreeable conflict resolution mechanisms. When they work, they keep petty stuff from clogging up court dockets.

That said, any third party mediator that assumes the mantle of religious authority has the potential to make the members of that religion feel obligated to use it and also obligated to defer to it, even when the rulings from it conflict with the secular law of the land. When that happens, really evil outcomes can happen.

Successful third party mediation programs operate with oversight from legal courts. Are there any such safeguards built into this Sharia-based tribunal? If not, then that's a bad thing that could wind up being very, very bad, indeed.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Voluntary, peaceful conflict resolution. We need to get rid of that and make sure the GOVERNMENT has oversight!
    /sarcasm

Y'all kill me. If they start chopping off hands or something I'll be concerned. I don't see how this is different than an arbitrator or a preacher giving you guidance.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Reminds me of the Sanhedrin. Religious court operating under authority of the Roman Empire.
    Most of you know the story.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Of course it's innocuous.. until it isn't.

For those that missed the last several decades of the "baby step" approach; beware the camel's nose under the tent.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    If they start chopping off hands or something I'll be concerned
    I guess you missed the news where they've chopped off heads , arms etc. lately and that was without a Sharia court!! Oh that's right.... I'm talking about the Extremist side of Muslims. I guess that Father whom had never had any runnins with the law whom killed his daughter lately, Oh he was a peaceful one....

These guys don't have the state of Texas enforcing their rulings
    Yet!! What do you think they are trying to make happen here MH? Why do you think they move in to every area they possibly can? To assimilate? BS!! Look at the U.K., France, Russia etc. What in the end do you think their goal is? LOL!! Your Naivety just kills me!! History my man..... You should study it sometime!! :laughing:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom