• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Coming soon to a City near you..... It's only a matter of time. "Oh but they want to assimilate"....:roflfunny:

MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CAFETERIA MENU... EXPLAINS WHY

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school cafeterias of a Montreal
    suburb. The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval, has refused, and the town clerk sent a
    note to all parents to explain why...

“Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, its way of life, because that's where they chose to immigrate.

“They must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Quebec..

“They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Canadians who
    so generously welcomed them.

“They must understand that Canadians are neither racist nor xenophobic, they accepted many immigrants before Muslims (whereas the reverse is not true, in that Muslim states do not
    accept non-Muslim immigrants).

“That no more than other nations, Canadians are not willing to give up their identity, their culture.

“And if Canada is a land of welcome, it's not the Mayor of Dorval who welcomes foreigners, but the Canadian-Quebecois people as a whole.

“Finally, they must understand that in Canada (Quebec) with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain.

The municipality of Dorval was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia.

“For Muslims who disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Canada, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Shariah.

“If you left your country for Canada, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have
    considered that life is better in Canada than elsewhere.

“Ask yourself the question, just once, “Why is it better here in Canada than where you come
    from?”;

“A cafeteria with pork is part of the answer.”;
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Very mixed feelings on this. There have been and still are organizationz that claim to be christian and break the law witth the congregation's support, and cite their religious doctrine. Churches of all types can put a lot of pressure on members to do what they say. In the right hands, good possibilities.
    On the other hand, it could get really bad.
    Sharia courts in other countries don't seem to have helped much.

From an idjit coffeeholic

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Very mixed feelings on this. There have been and still are organizationz that claim to be christian and break the law witth the congregation's support, and cite their religious doctrine. Churches of all types can put a lot of pressure on members to do what they say. In the right hands, good possibilities.
    On the other hand, it could get really bad.
    Sharia courts in other countries don't seem to have helped much.

Agree about the mixed feelings.

There are simply too many incompatibilities with the basis of our rule of law.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This forum has rules in place that prohibit religious discussion. It has proven to be a prudent rule in the past.

We also have rules against personal attacks between members. In another thread, you attacked me and stated in the open forum that I had abandoned my child. I corrected that misinformation, and received no retraction, correction or apology for that unprovoked insult/attack/libelous statement. The woman STOLE my child!

You fabricated that accusation out of thin air and had absolutely NO evidence to support your statements! There was NO truth to what you said.................... but that didn't even slow you down!

Only a sorry POS would dump on a Senior member like that! Then you have the gall to discuss religion, morality and ethics.

Rules....Get off your high horse!

Flash

Last edited:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    This forum has rules in place that prohibit religious discussion. It has proven to be a prudent rule in the past.

We also have rules against personal attacks between members. In another thread, you attacked me and stated in the open forum that I had abandoned my child. I corrected that misinformation, and received no retraction, correction or apology for that unprovoked insult/attack/libelous statement.

You fabricated that accusation out of thin air and had absolutely NO evidence to support your statements! There was NO truth to what you said.................... but that didn't even slow you down!

Only a sorry POS would dump on a Senior member like that! Then you have the gall to discuss religion, morality and ethics.

Rules....Get off your high horse!

Collateral damage?
    Damned good thing some here can actually follow a thread.

Just saying...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    These guys don't have the state of Texas enforcing their rulings - they're voluntary.

Apples and oranges

With the guise of a peaceful religion that Muslims fly their flag under and with all of the terrorist actions and killings I completely disagree with you on this one and believe it should be disbanded and not tolerated. If they openly and publicly denounce terrorism and the killings then they might get a break but not until then.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    "Then you have the gall to discuss religion, morality and ethics."

I walked away last time but won't let sanctimonious moralizing go unchecked.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm a senior member. Flash has dumped on me plenty of times because I don't share his opinions.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No one has to accept them. But I still stand by the rights granted in the Constitution and nothing mentioned leads me to believe they (those in the article) are currently or have in the past violated anyones rights. Nor do I see a good enough reason to violate theirs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    just sit by and preach..... "Oh we must accept them".
    You're missing the point... No one is saying "accept them"; the issue is that the people in this article haven't actually done anything wrong. You don't want to go down the path of interfering with people voluntarily practicing their religion. If you don't like what they are doing then you don't have to have any interaction with them. It only becomes a problem if they start forcing this on people (including people in their own church).

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    No one has to accept them. But I still stand by the rights granted in the Constitution and nothing mentioned leads me to believe they (those in the article) are currently or have in the past violated anyones rights. Nor do I see a good enough reason to violate theirs.

Agree. Long as the tolerant don't wind up with a bloody nose from being careful to not violate the rights of those who violate theirs, through politics or religion.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Yet again, the voice of reason.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    the issue is that the people in this article haven't actually done anything wrong.
    Yet... Can you name or show me one Country that Muslims have moved into, flourished and it has worked out well for the host Country? I have History that tells me it doesn't and hasn't worked out so well. You can all defend it, but History has shown us why we shouldn't. Just sayin....

Top Bottom