Texas SOT

Sheila Jackson Lee thinks Constitution is 400 years old....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Forget K-12, she went to freakin Harvard, wasn't there SOME discussion of the Constitution?

What an absolute embarrassment she is.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Oh, my, I could tell stories. I spent so many years working out of the same building and ran into her, her staff, and her shenanigans sooooo many times.

Yes, she absolutely is that stupid.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Story time with Ben, yaay!
    I really don't want the flashbacks to getting caught on the elevator with her. I will say that all the stories you've heard about the way she mistreats her staff seem to me to be true. She couldn't remain civil towards them for the few seconds it took to go a few floors while a stranger (me) was on the same elevator. Every time it happened, I was shocked. How could someone feel so entitled that they could be so rude, in public? What. A. Bitch.

I once said, out loud during one of her press conferences, "She can't be that stupid, can she?" One of her staff and one of the FPS guards sorta hustled me away...but as soon as we were around a corner and out of her sight, all three of us nearly fell out, laughing. After that, every time I saw that staffer and SJL together, we both had to fight to retain our composure.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Sheila Jackson Lee graduated from Jamaica High School in Queens. She earned a B.A. in political science from Yale University in 1972, followed by a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1975.[SUP][1][/SUP] She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.[SUP][2]

1994In 1994, Jackson Lee ran for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, challenging four-term incumbent U.S. Congressman Craig Washington of the Houston-based Texas' 18th congressional district in the Democratic primary.[SUP][3][/SUP] Washington had come under fire for opposing several projects that would have benefited the Houston area.[SUP][6][/SUP] Jackson Lee defeated Washington 63%-37%.[SUP][7][/SUP] The victory was tantamount to election in this heavily Democratic, black-majority district. In the general election, she defeated Republican nominee Jerry Burley 73%-24%.[SUP][8][/SUP]
    1996-2008During this time period, Jackson Lee was never challenged in the Democratic primary. In addition, she won re-election with at least 76% of the vote.[SUP][9][/SUP]
    2010See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2010#District 18
    For the first time in her congressional career, Jackson Lee was challenged in the Democratic primary; her opponents were Houston City Councilmember Jarvis Johnson and Sean Roberts. She defeated them 67%-28%-5%.[SUP][10][/SUP]
    It was reported that in October 2010 Jackson Lee was “asking the Department of Justice to investigate whether tea party groups are intimidating black and Hispanic voters in her district.” She requested that Attorney General Eric Holder send poll monitors to make sure that a local group wasn't stopping people from voting.[SUP][11][/SUP]
    She won the general election with 70% of the vote, the lowest winning percentage of her career.[SUP][12][/SUP]
    2012In 2012, Jackson Lee was not challenged in the Democratic primary and won the general election with 75% of the vote. [SUP][13]

Speaking in July 2010 at the NAACP national convention, Jackson Lee compared the Tea Party to the KKK.
    [SUP][25]

ìDonít condemn the gangbangers, theyíve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we donít have sensible gun legislation.

In July 2010 Jackson Lee said: "Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.”[SUP][22][/SUP] It was noted that Vietnam had not been split for four decades.[SUP][23][/SUP][SUP][24][/SUP]

[/SUP][/SUP]
    [/SUP]

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The real problem resides with the Texas Legislature. It drew congressional districts in such a way as to keep the Texas delegation firmly in the hands of Republicans. They threw a bone to a few democrats so they could keep their constituents on the .gov plantation.

That is how I got stuck with Henry Cuellar, who refuses to answer any of my concerns. His district stretches from Sequin to Laredo. Dissenting voices are ignored.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom