• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Multiple people shot near Texas A&M campus, suspect in custody | khou.com Houston

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- A gunman shot at least two people near the campus of Texas A&M University early Monday afternoon before being taken into custody.
    The school's emergency website issued a "Code Maroon" alert around 12:29 p.m., telling students and staff to avoid the area near the 200 block of Fidelity Drive.
    A few minutes later, school officials said College Station police took the shooter into custody.
    Police said the suspect was firing shots from a house near the campus. A city spokesman said "multiple casualties" were involved in the incident, but was not confirmed whether those injured were officers or citizens.
    It wasn't immediately known what events led up to the incident.
    Check back for updates to this developing story.
    Gun Zone Deals

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    From CodeMaroon:

alertinprogress.png

• [h=3]Code Maroon[/h]Update on active shooter: CSPD reports that the shooter is in custody. Continue to avoid the area. 12:44 PM

[h=3]Code Maroon[/h]Update on active shooter in College Station: The location of the active shooter is in the 200 block of Fidelity Dr. Stay away from the area. 12:38 PM

[h=3]Avoid Area[/h]CSPD reports an active shooter in the area immediately southeast of the intersection of Wellborn Rd and George Bush Drive. Please avoid the area. Residents in the immediate area need to remain inside their residence. 12:29 PM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    LOL.....I guess adding the name "Texas A&M" boosted their readers.

How much attention would it have gathered if it read, "Another local shooting". That would be too boring. But add A&M and you got yourself an assumed campus shooting. Mass killing. When instead it was probably just a bunch of idiots shooting over meth. An event that happens more then they report.

Salesmanship by the media....of fear

Alert in progress.....no shit. There's meth heads with guns running about. HEB should be on alert too.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    How much attention would it have gathered if it read, "Another local shooting". That would be too boring. But add A&M and you got yourself an assumed campus shooting. Mass killing. When instead it was probably just a bunch of idiots shooting over meth. An event that happens more then they report.

I hope that you are right. A drug deal gone bad and the next James Holmes are two different animals. Wish I could change the title to Shooting in College Station.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Misleading title as usual. Not at Texas A&M. In same town. That's like saying 'Shooting at Cowboy Stadium' then reading it actually happened in South Oak Cliff.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    2 officers , one civilian shot. Confirmed according to fox news.
    Interviewing a local who says a Constable is down.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I hope that you are right. A drug deal gone bad and the next James Holmes are two different animals. Wish I could change the title to Shooting in College Station.

Right...

It's misleading as hell. A shooting in College Station wouldnt have evoked the fear of a campus mass shooting. Which holds less fear and the possibility making of money off fear then by adding A&m. The only reason I looked at the post was cause of A&M in the title. I was suckered too.

I understand it's a bad thing. But don't spread fear over a shooting NEAR a campus to get more attention. Thats chicken shit by the news.

And whats sad.....places that don't allow carry of a firearm have to issue "alerts" so the defenseless can hide. If the NRA was two houses down from this and was having a meeting of the same amount of people A&M has on campus.....they wouldn't have been placed on alert. Cause even the dumbest crook knows where hes the safest. And it wouldnt have been there.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

Changed title for you... not your fault at all... These stories get so misleading, it's like the media actually was hoping it was a shooting at A&M.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Brazos County Constable Brian Bachman and unidentified civilian both confirmed deceased.

Two CSPD officers and one more civilian hospitalized.

I knew Const. Bachman's family while I was at A&M. I'm beyond upset right now.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Brazos County Constable Brian Bachman and unidentified civilian both confirmed deceased.

Two CSPD officers and one more civilian hospitalized.

I knew Const. Bachman's family while I was at A&M. I'm beyond upset right now.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

O wow, that's sickening. RIP and prayers to the families of these brave LEOs. In the blink of an eye...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow, that sucks. Just b/c you're getting kicked out of your house, why are you going to kill the LEO serving the notice? Misguided rage, literally you just shot the messenger. Hope this guy gets the Death Penalty(one way or the other).

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Unconfirmed reports that the suspect was shot by CSPD.
    If he lives, I wish Texas would reinstate death by firing squad. No shortage of volunteers, I'd imagine.

Fox News & USA Today report that CSPD advised shooter was using an automatic weapon.

Top Bottom