• 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Suspect Confirmed Killed

2:35 PM Update:
    News 3 has confirmed that three people are dead following a shooting near Fidelity Street in College Station earlier today.

The College Station Police Department has confirmed that Brian Bachmann, Constable Precinct 1 Brazos County, has died. Police also say a male civilian was killed, and the suspect in the shooting has died.
    CSPD reports that another officer was shot in the leg and is listed in stable condition. A female civilian is currently in surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in Bryan. Police say two other officers received non-life threatening injuries.

Law enforcement officials say the scene is clear, and that there is no present danger, but ask that civilians avoid the area to allow for an investigation.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Unreal. These "Reports" by the news are BS. "Another Shooting at Texas A&M" its being listed as and already seeing "Another School Shooting" on websites everywhere.

How much do you want to bet its NOT an "Automatic Weapon" like the Anti Idiots are calling it. This is without a doubt Tragic. RIP Officer Bachman... only 41yrs old. That is truly truly awful, but how about we get the story straight? "Don't let a good tragedy go to waste" at work again.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Unconfirmed reports that the suspect was shot by CSPD.
    If he lives, I wish Texas would reinstate death by firing squad. No shortage of volunteers, I'd imagine.

Fox News & USA Today report that CSPD advised shooter was using an automatic weapon.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

My GF mentioned this to me as well & I figured it was the typical "semi-auto" mistakenly called "automatic" like they always do?

ETA: I just saw TBs post stating basically what I said.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Governor Perry statement on news. I'll have to find transcript, I think yall will approve.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wow, happened just a couple blocks from my house. Luckily I wasn't home, went to a movie.

Mike

2rpu050.jpg

Sorry, i thought you might be making a joke about the movie shooting. lol...

I was at the theater sat night up here in San Antonio, we went to the Santikos Palladium near bass pro shop and they had 2 officers patrolling the place. 1 inside, one outside. Talk about ridiculous.... the same false security the TSA is there for IMO. I was for sure carrying.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Nope, completely serious. I would have been home if I didn't go see a movie. I get home and there's cops and news vans everywhere, heli's flying over. Crazy stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Nope, completely serious. I would have been home if I didn't go see a movie. I get home and there's cops and news vans everywhere, heli's flying over. Crazy stuff.

You sure your not in Austin? Thats an everyday thing there. It's how you know your in the city limits.

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    I will note that the local station, KBTX, seems to have been doing a pretty good job. I heard both their anchor and mobile-truck guy use the phrase "semi-automatic," along with a witness they had on their live stream about 15 minutes ago.

Now if the damn helos would stop flying over my house. Action's over, go home, save your station the fuel $$$.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Terrible tragedy. Hoping the best for the families of those who were killed by this filthy piece of slime. Glad to see our Gov standing up for us.

JBerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Per the Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ar-3784724.php)
    ============================================

Precinct 1 Constable Brian Bachmann; the 35-year-old shooter, believed to be Thomas Caffall; and an unidentified man, 65, were killed in a gunfire exchange just after noon in the 200 block of Fidelity.

Authorities have not released the name of the shooter, but an eviction document known as a forcible entry detainer was filed against Thomas Caffall at the same address last Thursday by OnLine Real Estate Services.

In an earlier interview with The Huffington Post, Caffall's mother, Linda Weaver, said her son had been having "difficulties" with his mental health in recent years.

"The minute I saw the TV I knew it was him," she told the publication. "I've been that worried about him."

===============================================

So, just like in Colorado, the shooters family knew he was having mental issues. But the media will (as always) blame the gun and not the "crazy"...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Per the Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ar-3784724.php)
    ============================================

Precinct 1 Constable Brian Bachmann; the 35-year-old shooter, believed to be Thomas Caffall; and an unidentified man, 65, were killed in a gunfire exchange just after noon in the 200 block of Fidelity.

Authorities have not released the name of the shooter, but an eviction document known as a forcible entry detainer was filed against Thomas Caffall at the same address last Thursday by OnLine Real Estate Services.

In an earlier interview with The Huffington Post, Caffall's mother, Linda Weaver, said her son had been having "difficulties" with his mental health in recent years.

"The minute I saw the TV I knew it was him," she told the publication. "I've been that worried about him."

===============================================

So, just like in Colorado, the shooters family knew he was having mental issues. But the media will (as always) blame the gun and not the "crazy"...

Damn! Now don't get me wrong. I sure as hell aint gonna blame a momma for not having her son institutionalized. BUT. Surely someone else noticed.
    Next thing you know Granny is gonna get double checked at the airport and habib and short stack are gonna stroll on by cuz that'd be "profiling".
    I'm getting a bit peeved here.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Truely a sad situation. The details and reasons for the shooting will be interesting when it unfolds completely. Just goes to show you, you need to be prepaired everywhere. This situation will effect Aggies everywhere.

Top Bottom