3764310513_1e4da044d7_z.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Why not just get an SBR? Its only $200 extra. I mean if your going though all the hasle of buying a new rifle. . . .just get a tax stamp and legally keep your rifle of choice. I want one. . .eventually.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What are you talking about with "Alerting Someone?!?" PC 542.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT specifically reads: "(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;" is that what you are talking about?

As for carrying loaded rifles in your vehicle, whereas there may not be any state laws against it, some cities do have ordinances that prohibit it, such as San Antonio...

San Antonio has lots of illegal ordinances.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Whats involved in getting that stamp?

You send photos, fingerprints, and approval of your local CLEO to the BATFE along with $200 and wait 3 months or so for them to send you a permission slip. Or form a revocable living trust and assign the firearm to your trust (also long wait and $200 tax). If you are willing to jump through these hoops just get a CHL and carry a handgun.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I don't have one, but you can ask the Class III fellows. It doesn't sounds like its incredibly difficult to get.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You send photos, fingerprints, and approval of your local CLEO to the BATFE along with $200 and wait 3 months or so for them to send you a permission slip. Or form a revocable living trust and assign the firearm to your trust (also long wait and $200 tax). If you are willing to jump through these hoops just get a CHL and carry a handgun.

I have handguns, and no I dont want a CHL. The whole Elitist issue with the CHL pisses me off and I wont have nothing to do with it.
    As for class 111 stuff, I have no clue what im doing. I look at those type of firearms in a different manner than the CHL. Class 111 is federal regulated. My state is the one who says I must have a license to defend myself if I want to carry a hangun..
    Class 111 stuff sounds cool anyway.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I have handguns, and no I dont want a CHL. The whole Elitist issue with the CHL pisses me off and I wont have nothing to do with it.
    As for class 111 stuff, I have no clue what im doing. I look at those type of firearms in a different manner than the CHL. Class 111 is federal regulated. My state is the one who says I must have a license to defend myself if I want to carry a hangun..
    Class 111 stuff sounds cool anyway.
    OK, I thought you were just against .gov regulation and refused to get a CHL out of principal.
    Title II weapons are cool. I recommend you find a good Class 3 dealer and work with him to find something you want. You can buy a short barrel rifle from the dealer and submit the paperwork and pick up the rifle when your stamp arrives, or you can send in for the paperwork to make your own SBR.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    OK, I thought you were just against .gov regulation and refused to get a CHL out of principal.
    Title II weapons are cool. I recommend you find a good Class 3 dealer and work with him to find something you want. You can buy a short barrel rifle from the dealer and submit the paperwork and pick up the rifle when your stamp arrives, or you can send in for the paperwork to make your own SBR.

Good info. I'll see if we have a class 111 guy locally.
    And no, im not against the Federal gov,LE, or State gov... I just dont like BS laws that only screw honest people. I've had more to do with law than you would think..

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Good info. I'll see if we have a class 111 guy locally.
    And no, im not against the Federal gov,LE, or State gov... I just dont like BS laws that only screw honest people. I've had more to do with law than you would think..

I think NFA is BS and screws honest people

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Getting a Form 1/4 $200 tax stamp is a fairly simple process. The hard part is the turnaround time. My Form 1 took about four months from mailing it to receiving it.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good point!! I really aint, but I would like to have something legal to carry anyway. Honestly if the SHTF, I myself would give a crap about what legal anyhow. My frist thoughts of legal is how to protect my own and keep a bunch of rioting assholes out of my stuff!

Well, you could build a weapon to your own desired specs, and shoot it privately to verify it's reliability (without supervision). When SHTF, you can use it on a more regular basis. Until then, you can also keep a more socially acceptable version of that weapon to practice with in public, and for home defense.

I am of the opinion that a "legal" weapon is all I need, but if you feel the need to have something that doesn't comply with (arbitrarily selected) minimum barrel lengths, more power to ya. :)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    True, but it sure beats the crap out of what's going on up in Austin! I have not read the code there, but I would suspect it has as much, if not more, anti-gun ordinances in it...

I should have put the emphasis on "illegal". Anti gun ordinances can be ignored.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Getting a trust & then aquiring Class III items is very easy.

The wait for the stamp is not, but there is no way around that.

Yes, Class III stuff is way cool.......all it takes is a couple shoe boxes full of $100's......lol.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Getting a trust & then aquiring Class III items is very easy.

The wait for the stamp is not, but there is no way around that.

Yes, Class III stuff is way cool.......all it takes is a couple shoe boxes full of $100's......lol.

Yeah, mine took about three shoe boxes lol

Top Bottom