Target Sports

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog;

The 46th Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show), owned and operated by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), concluded last Friday, Jan. 26, and by all measures was deemed a resounding success. This year’s show set new benchmarks for industry engagement with an expanded show floor, a record-high number of exhibitors and an array of new features and networking opportunities. NSSF reports the 2024 SHOT Show was the largest to date.

More than 55,400 industry professionals packed the 13.9 miles of aisles over four days at The Venetian Expo and Caesars Forum, eager to view new, innovative products used for target shooting, hunting, outdoor recreation and law enforcement.

Attachments

• SHOT-Show-NSSF-Image-768x512.jpg
      SHOT-Show-NSSF-Image-768x512.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 25

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I can't remember if anyone posted this but S&W's making upgraded J-frames with no lock and popular upgrades out of the box. MSRP $750.

Side note: I've been seeing more vids on the Winchester Ranger and it looks pretty rough depending on lighting. Matte finish overall. Rifles are made in Turkey.

I was holding out hope that the ranger was made somewhere else at that price point. Thats a lot of money.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I was holding out hope that the ranger was made somewhere else at that price point. Thats a lot of money.
    To be clear $750 was for the j-frame. The Ranger was coming in at $400ish msrp. Not a bad price imo and on par with Henry's H001 but far far away from the gold standard 9422. If Winchester could make a cheaper 9422 with gloss blue/walnut in the Browning BL-22 range (Miroku) I think they'd sell well. With that said, I think the Ranger will sell well due to the Winchester name at its price point no matter who makes it.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    To be clear $750 was for the j-frame. The Ranger was coming in at $400ish msrp. Not a bad price imo and on par with Henry's H001 but far far away from the gold standard 9422. If Winchester could make a cheaper 9422 with gloss blue/walnut in the Browning BL-22 range (Miroku) I think they'd sell well. With that said, I think the Ranger will sell well due to the Winchester name at its price point no matter who makes it.

Henry's made in the US though.

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Henry lever action Supreme is callin my name!!! All of my lever action guns are Henry’s, with exception of my Winchester 94. All internal, smooth action as always, adjustable trigger, uses Pmags, and even a threaded barrel for a shoosher! Price is standard Henry pricing, around $1400 MSRP. Yah, not cheap. .223 or 300blk out. Will start shipping in April. Will be watching for reviews. I’m a little stoked!!

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

Tisas PX-57, Affordable 5.7​

The PX-57 is a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol with a Glock compatible fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear. An optics-ready version is forthcoming. Magazine capacity is a generous 20 rounds, and it ships with two magazines. It has a 4.8-inch barrel and QPQ/Tenifer finish on the slide. Best of all is a very reasonable MSRP of $460 and they’ll be shipping in February 2024. The PX-57 isn’t even on Tisas USA’s website yet, but you can see some info on the main page.

tisas 57_resized-696x522.jpg

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

Palmetto State Breaks Into Bolt Actions with Emerge Rifle​

The Emerge is based on the Remington 700 action and will initially be offered in a short action (.308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 5.56, and .300 BLK), with plans of adding a magnum action in the future. The rifle is designed to be built by the customer,
    The customer can pick from a variety of stocks and furniture sets, as well as from different barrel lengths and custom triggers. PSA even plans to offer a precision rifle chassis rifle in its premier Sabre line.

The rifle is compatible with most Remington 700 furniture, as PSA understands there are already a plethora of furniture options. The idea is to stop anyone from having to buy a basic bolt-gun just to throw away most of what the gun came with and spend more money on customizing the rifle to fit your needs.
    emerge .jpg

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

The 46th Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show), owned and operated by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), concluded last Friday, Jan. 26, and by all measures was deemed a resounding success. This year’s show set new benchmarks for industry engagement with an expanded show floor, a record-high number of exhibitors and an array of new features and networking opportunities. NSSF reports the 2024 SHOT Show was the largest to date.

More than 55,400 industry professionals packed the 13.9 miles of aisles over four days at The Venetian Expo and Caesars Forum, eager to view new, innovative products used for target shooting, hunting, outdoor recreation and law enforcement.

More on show from AmmoLand blog;

The 2024 SHOT Show facilitated dialogue and collaboration between government officials and outdoor industry professionals at both the State Attorneys General Forum and 3rd Annual Governors’ Forum. The first-ever Attorneys General Forum was a resounding success. One of the most well-attended special events, the 3rd annual Governors’ Forum was standing-room only, where seven governors discussed the importance of firearm businesses to their economies and their efforts to attract firearm- and ammunition-related companies to relocate to their state. Across America, the $80.7 billion firearm industry supports more than 393,000 jobs.

There is a brief description of other events and industry recognition in the blog.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Henry lever action Supreme is callin my name!!! All of my lever action guns are Henry’s, with exception of my Winchester 94. All internal, smooth action as always, adjustable trigger, uses Pmags, and even a threaded barrel for a shoosher! Price is standard Henry pricing, around $1400 MSRP. Yah, not cheap. .223 or 300blk out. Will start shipping in April. Will be watching for reviews. I’m a little stoked!!

Read more at Bearing Arms blog;

And the folks at Everytown’s The Smoking Gun has decided to complain about all the goodies there in a piece headlined, “DEADLY INNOVATIONS FROM THE 2024 SHOT SHOW”'

Henry Repeating Arms, another company known for its lever-action rifles, has introduced the new Lever Action Supreme rifle that is available in two popular AR-15 calibers and uses AR-15 magazines. In other words, the company is capitalizing on the gun industry’s push for assault weapons. This follows the company’s introduction of the semi-automatic Homesteader rifle last year, which uses 9mm Glock, Sig Sauer, or Smith & Wesson pistol magazines.

(If you read the blog click on the links to see why the anti-2A crowd is clutching their pearls.)

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    If not the last word on SHOT SHOW 2024 at least it is not serious...or not :spam::banghead::machine::welcome::rocket:

What would be your go-to firearm?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Uberti makes a 44 mag pistola now ?? wow. Like that big grip.

345495-Uberti 1873 Hunter Revolver-.44Mag-7.5-Walnut_LeftAngle.png
    January 2024, Accokeek, MD – Single-action revolver fans understand the fun of running their favorite Old West six-shooter on the range. Now Uberti is giving classic revolver fans a new excuse to strap on vintage-style iron with the release of its new 1873 Hunter Revolvers.

Chambered in .45 LC and .44 Magnum, the 1873 Hunter models are based on Uberti’s popular 1873 Cattleman single-action revolver series. The difference is that the 1873 Hunter Revolvers come with a frame-mounted Picatinny rail. This is ideal for SSA enthusiasts who wish to hunt medium- and large-size game with the proven .45 LC or .44 Magnum cartridges but are not comfortable doing so with the traditional iron sight configuration.

With the inclusion of the Picatinny rail, shooters can now add modern optics to this American heritage revolver and enjoy point-of-aim, point-of-impact performance at typical hunting distances. The rail is suitable for mounting either a long eye relief low-power handgun scope or a compact red dot optic. The red dot option is also the perfect choice for recreational shooters whose eyes struggle with open sights, making the 1873 Hunter Revolvers as suitable for a day at the range as a day in the hunting fields.

Both 1873 Hunter Revolvers come with a 7.5-inch blued barrel, fluteless cylinder, classical color case frame, and an elegant walnut grip. These guns feature the longer Uberti 1860-style grip to better accommodate the shooter’s hand while wearing gloves. Each boasts a six-round capacity and a comfortable MSRP of $799.

Top Bottom