• ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    All of them.
    Academy, Walmart, Gander Mountain, Gun show dealers, misc local shops, etc.
    They all told me they cannot take a gun back for exchange. I've asked. They have all stated they have to send it back to the manufacturer or a local gunsmith contracted to warranty repair that particular brand.
    There may have been a time when you could exchange a defective firearm but those days seem to be gone.

IMO, that is a load. There is no reason that they can't take a gun back government regulation wise. It is just a pita. And they just don't want to do it... Not that I blame them. If you could get away with making all sales final, there is no business reason why you would take returns...
    But that guy saying they can't because of government regulations, was blowing some smoke...
    Gun Zone Deals

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    All of them.
    Academy, Walmart, Gander Mountain, Gun show dealers, misc local shops, etc.
    They all told me they cannot take a gun back for exchange. I've asked. They have all stated they have to send it back to the manufacturer or a local gunsmith contracted to warranty repair that particular brand.
    There may have been a time when you could exchange a defective firearm but those days seem to be gone.

they can exchange it. they just dont feel like doing the paperwork again because it will be a new serial. they also dont feel like dealing with eating the cost upfront until their distributer rma's the weapon and refunds them for it. their distributer probably doesnt take returns so they have to pass that on to you. conclusion : its too much work for them and they dont wanna do it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I have asked. A lot of stores have signs posted that state all firearms sales are not returnable or exchangeable. I have been given many excuses and the most common was the ATF paperwork and the chain of ownership of the firearm. At least the store I went to is handling the RMA and covering the cost of shipping. It may take a week longer but it will get done.
    This does not seem to be an issue for used guns bought at pawnshop. It is just about new guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I also understand the reasoning behind it.
    If your local dealer takes back a defective firearm for exchange that is another form 4473. If the manufacturer destroys the firearm and sends a replacement or a refund, then everything is fine. The dealer does not lose anything but the time and inconvenience of the return. If the manufacturer repairs the firearm and then returns it, the dealer now has a used firearm since it has already been sold as new once. The form 4473 paperwork resides with the dealer at the point of sale, not the manufacturer. See the mess? Confusing ?
    It is not like a computer that can be refurbished and sold as new again.

Same thing with an automobile.
    You drive it off the lot after signing the paperwork, it becomes used and no longer new.

recordingwhiz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Houston
    Im no saint im just patient, and this situation pushed it hard. I dont mind waiting on things to be right i do mind being deceived and lied to then being told oh well we don't really care here is your money , bye , don't let the door hit you... that just is a sucky business practice, In my line of work those type of business practices would have cost at least one job.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    IMO, you are well in line being upset. The differentiation between stores is customer service and customer treatment, we can go anywhere to buy the same weapon in most cases. I bought my pistols from a local store because the guys talk with me and answer questions as well as tell me if I have any problems to let me know. Glad you got your money back, take it elsewhere.

Murphman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Houston
    Sorry for your frustrations, I am new to the forum and have yet to make my way over to AMSS. From this thread I will be staying away from this place.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Good. More for me!
    They are my number 1 go to guys.

You are missing out on a good shop if you pass them up.

Tapatalk sent it.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I don't think one poor review should make you steer clear of a shop.
    The 15+ people warning you to stay away from Century firearms might be good advice though. :P

Top Bottom