Votes: 85 84.2%

• Total voters

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I meant literally on the computer, I even went to the C.O.P.S. site, both said "site can't be reached".

199755699ee7305ef455325a3bbe9924.jpg

Attachments

• 199755699ee7305ef455325a3bbe9924.jpg
      199755699ee7305ef455325a3bbe9924.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 255

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Should help though

Nope. The problem is the LEO community as a whole has lost the inherent trust of the public.

You don’t have to defund or disband or train to run a squeaky clean force that conducts itself in a manner that is above reproach, that’s all organizational cultural.

At the local agency, they either have or don’t have the public trust. Media exploits those agencies that don’t have the public trust and while actions speak louder and more importantly than words, there’s also a need to recognize that more than a few agencies have tolerated bad apples. It’s those rotten at the core individuals who have been made into strategic corporals for alternative philosophies of policing you see today.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    defund the politicians, move that money to training and better pay

Politicians being defunded? Probably never will happen.

I have to agree with Todd on this. Many LE departments, the problems start at the upper levels of leadership within that department. Training, or more training isn't going to root out those problems.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Ya training Joe Public how to defend themselves and not be dependent on the cops arriving 20 minutes to late <and ya its not the cops fault>
    What's the saying, "when seconds count, the cops are minutes away."
    Whenever I call the cops, I expect them to arrive just in time for the coffee to finish brewing.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If the PDs think that is a good strategy, they’re in for a very rude awakening.

The challenge they’re facing is a very wide-spread anti-authority figure mindset ingrained in the U29crowd, regardless of demographics. Compounding that is *most* felony crime just doesn’t directly impact that many people and most of the U29 crowd is willing to accept misdemeanor crimes as part of the price of doing business.

You see this with the number of jurisdictions that have legalized marijuana are choosing not to prosecute misdemeanor possession. You also see it with the jurisdictions that have essentially wrote off petty theft/burglary arrests/prosecutions either by policy or procedure...”Here’s your police report sir/ma’am, our recovery rate for theft is .069%. Have a good day and we’ll let you know if your stuff is recovered.”

I disagree. I see the shut down of the police resulting in many more soft targets (AKA, the under 29 everythiung is good crowd) being hit with petty theft, or theft of whatever they have on them or can get with their apps.

The folks opposing this mostly haven't needed the police to help them. Get rid of the cops, and they'll find themselves in more and more situations where they wish they could call the cops. Seatle's CHAZ couldn't even stop the crimes and "wealth redistribution"

Imagine that on a large scale that you can't escape a few blocks away to call 911 like they've been doing up there.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Nope. The problem is the LEO community as a whole has lost the inherent trust of the public.

You don’t have to defund or disband or train to run a squeaky clean force that conducts itself in a manner that is above reproach, that’s all organizational cultural.

At the local agency, they either have or don’t have the public trust. Media exploits those agencies that don’t have the public trust and while actions speak louder and more importantly than words, there’s also a need to recognize that more than a few agencies have tolerated bad apples. It’s those rotten at the core individuals who have been made into strategic corporals for alternative philosophies of policing you see today.

Ergo HPD and the clown Acevedo. For everything he says about reform, it's absolutely worthless considering their lack of transparency around Goines and Harding Street. Nevermind the fact he should be gone for a wide variety of issues before Harding Street even happened.

Down the road, Fort Bend SO doesn't seem to have this problem. Leadership plays a massive part.

Top Bottom