• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I've seen it come up on a few gun channels but the P365 has some issues with not going back into battery with 115 grain.

From what I have found that was supposed to have been corrected during the period when Sig stopped production and shipping. We shall find out. I will be using 115gr when I fire for the first time this week.

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    From what I have found that was supposed to have been corrected during the period when Sig stopped production and shipping. We shall find out. I will be using 115gr when I fire for the first time this week.

Interested to read your thoughts/opinions on it. I've been on the fence about purchasing one.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Going to fire it Friday. I was going to post some pictures comparing it to someother handguns I have, but there are videos on Youtube that do an excellent job of showing size compared to other handguns.

I will say that it is tiny. You really don't get an appreciation for how small it is until you hold one. My initial plan was for it to replace my Shield 9mm, but I am not sure if it will just yet.

Fritz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Frisco, TX
    I found one in NC and just picked it up last week. Absolutely the best carry gun I've had so far. 12+1 capacity and slightly smaller and lighter than a Shield. You're right, you don't realize how small it is until it's in your hand. I hardly notice carrying it but it almost has the capacity of a full size. It's like magic : )

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    FINALLY getting to shoot my P365 today. Heading to Top Gun here in Houston on my lunch break (11-12) if anyone plans on bieng there and would like to shoot it.

Taking my other two main carry guns (Ruger LCR 38+P and Shield 9mm) to compare. The LCR is not going anywhere, but this P365 just may replace my Shield. Never thought anything would because I love the Shield and it has served me very well for many years.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Interested to hear what you have to say. I am a big fan of my 9mm Shield as well. A higher capacity replacement for the Shield would be pretty nice.

Fritz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Frisco, TX
    Interested to hear what you have to say. I am a big fan of my 9mm Shield as well. A higher capacity replacement for the Shield would be pretty nice.

I love my 365. It replaced my trusty Shield that I’ve carried for years. Better trigger, lighter, smaller, more accurate and holds 12+1 vs 8 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fritz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Frisco, TX
    I love my 365. It replaced my trusty Shield that I’ve carried for years. Better trigger, lighter, smaller, more accurate and holds 12+1 vs 8 rounds.

727a8a031b5992edfe6b44dcf7117334.jpg

Even with the 12 rd mag, it’s smaller than a Shield

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Ok, made it to the range. First impression of P365.....WOW! Put 100 rounds of range ammo through it (Fiocchi 155gr FMJ) and 10 rounds Gold Dot 124. Function was 100%. All 3 mags I have (10 round flush, 10 round extension & 12 round) worked perfect.

So, compared to my Shield 9mm I have to say the P365 will replace it if performs in more testing as it did today. I am just amazed at how well the P365 shoots for how small it is and the 12 round capacity. Here is a list of things I noticed when firing them back to back:

1. P365 and Shield 9 recoil felt pretty identical, which I think is very soft for the size of these guns.

2. I was more accurate at the start with the Shield, but this would be due to me being very familiar with it and I credit some of the accuracy to the outstanding Apex trigger kit in my Shield.

3. P365 trigger is excellent. No grit in take up, solid wall (little creep, but hey it is a striker trigger), crisp break. Heavier than my Shield Apex trigger, but smooth, so no issue.

4. X-Ray sights are very nice. I would prefer the yellow front sight to be orange, but thats just me.

5. P365 feels like it sits lower in hand over the Shield.

6. The only thing I never loved about the Shield was how narrow the grip is on the front and back. The P365 grip is more squared off and feels better.

7. P365 grip texture is perfect. My Shield is a Gen 1 with Talon ruberized grips and the P365 blows this set up away.

6. On the P365 I can't drop the mag with my firing hand. It is just the angle of the mag release and shape of my hand I guess. When I push the mag release it pushes on the palm of my hand on the other side. Pushing mag release with my support hand solves this. On my Shield I can drop the mag no problem. So, training issue is how I see it.

Fritz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Frisco, TX
    Ok, made it to the range. First impression of P365.....WOW! Put 100 rounds of range ammo through it (Fiocchi 155gr FMJ) and 10 rounds Gold Dot 124. Function was 100%. All 3 mags I have (10 round flush, 10 round extension & 12 round) worked perfect.

So, compared to my Shield 9mm I have to say the P365 will replace it if performs in more testing as it did today. I am just amazed at how well the P365 shoots for how small it is and the 12 round capacity. Here is a list of things I noticed when firing them back to back:

1. P365 and Shield 9 recoil felt pretty identical, which I think is very soft for the size of these guns.

2. I was more accurate at the start with the Shield, but this would be due to me being very familiar with it and I credit some of the accuracy to the outstanding Apex trigger kit in my Shield.

3. P365 trigger is excellent. No grit in take up, solid wall (little creep, but hey it is a striker trigger), crisp break. Heavier than my Shield Apex trigger, but smooth, so no issue.

4. X-Ray sights are very nice. I would prefer the yellow front sight to be orange, but thats just me.

5. P365 feels like it sits lower in hand over the Shield.

6. The only thing I never loved about the Shield was how narrow the grip is on the front and back. The P365 grip is more squared off and feels better.

7. P365 grip texture is perfect. My Shield is a Gen 1 with Talon ruberized grips and the P365 blows this set up away.

6. On the P365 I can't drop the mag with my firing hand. It is just the angle of the mag release and shape of my hand I guess. When I push the mag release it pushes on the palm of my hand on the other side. Pushing mag release with my support hand solves this. On my Shield I can drop the mag no problem. So, training issue is how I see it.

I can’t reach the mag release with my thumb either without shifting the grip. It’s a short reach and my thumb is too long. Lol

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Ran another 150 rounds through it yesterday and I like it even more. Very accurate and shoots amazing for the size. X-ray sights are awesome as well.

What is great about this P365 is it is enjoyable to fire. After firing 150 rounds it leaves me wishing I had more. In comparison to my RUger LCR 38+p that I carry alot, the P365 is a dream to fire. After about 50 rounds through the LCR I am ready to call it a day. I know these are two different weapons though and really like the LCR for what it is and its awesome weight.

Now compared to my M&P Shield, the P365 is better for me by a margin and you just can't beat the P365 round capacity for it's size. A few hundred more rounds through the P365 with reliable performance and it will be my primary carry.

Another gun I thought about it replacing is my P320SC 9mm, but I am thinking it will stay and continue to serve the role it is in since it can accept full size P320 mags.

Blaize

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Arlington
    FYI
    You can call Cabelas phone order line 800-237-4444
    Give them SKU # 05049409
    They will ship the 365 to the Cabelas in Fort Worth in about 10 days. ($529.00)
    Read this on the SIG forum, and ordered mine today.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Just an offer, but anyone on the Katy or Galleria (Houston) areas that would really like to hold a P365 before ordering online since they seem to not be in stores, I would be more than happy to let anyone check it out. Just send me a PM if interested and I can meet in those general areas.

Top Bottom