Guess they ought to call it the 366.
    Texas SOT

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Ok guys! Was shooting at Top Gun Range this morning and had a misfire with my Sig P-365 9mm manufactured on 5-15-18! Was doing a drill that calls for three shot volleys! I inserted the magazine and released the slide forward! This chambered the first round! MISFIRE! I immediately ejected the round and the last two fired no problem! I believe protocol for misfire recovery is to first pop the back of the slide forward with palm of your hand to insure that the slide is seeded properly! I did not do that! I recovered the round that did not fire and inserted it as the first shot in my next sequence! Everything worked as designed! The firearm has less than 100 rounds through her! I've been using the Sig 365 9mm 115 grain ammo! I am seeing the primer drag marks on the spent shells as others have experienced! I'm an old school revolver kinda guy so I'm not even gonna pretend i'm an expert on these new compact semi-autos! Any input from our forum experts on what may have happened will be greatly appreciated! Obviously i'm very reluctant to add this firearm to my concealment rotation! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

kantor99

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    United States
    Thought I would add my experience. I bought a Sig 365 about three weeks ago. The first 250 rounds went great. Mixed full jacket and jhp of multiple types. Then the gun started not stripping the round off the magazine, locking open on the last round and I had a couple of light strikes. Tried different magazines with no difference. Called Sig and they said send it back. Waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, I got an M&P Shield 45 acp that's run perfectly and while it doesn't hold as many rounds, the holes sure are a lot bigger.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Thought I would add my experience. I bought a Sig 365 about three weeks ago. The first 250 rounds went great. Mixed full jacket and jhp of multiple types. Then the gun started not stripping the round off the magazine, locking open on the last round and I had a couple of light strikes. Tried different magazines with no difference. Called Sig and they said send it back. Waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, I got an M&P Shield 45 acp that's run perfectly and while it doesn't hold as many rounds, the holes sure are a lot bigger.
    So I'm guessing yours must have been manufactured in June maybe? Geez it never ends! I bought a S@W 9mm shield a few weeks ago! Feel much more confident with it as my primary concealment weapon. Thats the last time i buy a hyped firearm! Its really pathetic and disheartening to pay 600 dollars for something that is so flawed! My bad for doing it!

tpepper70

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    My P365 BOD is 3-8-18 and I have over 700 trouble free rounds thru it. No scratches on the mags, locks back every time, no problems at all. I carry it daily and will continue to. I still have my Glock 42, as well as others, just in case it breaks, which I don't think it will. We shall see. Good luck.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I took my P365 apart last night to check the striker and all is good. Does that mean it will not break in the next few rounds, or next few hundred? Who knows and I don't like that. I also took the time to file down the trigger return spring end that was digging into the back of my mags. Spring does not contact the mags anymore, so hopefully that is good to go.

I have pretty much switched back to carrying my Shield9 and P320SC though.

kantor99

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    United States
    After 4 weeks, I got my Sig 365 back. The gunsmith at Sig polished the ramp and replaced the extractor unit. Took it out twice and it did run better, but still not good enough for me to carry. It ran fine with Critical Defense ammo but had occasional failures to lock back on the last round and a failure to feed with Federal HST, which is my preferred carry round. I've replaced it with a M&P Shield which I've had great success with.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    After 4 weeks, I got my Sig 365 back. The gunsmith at Sig polished the ramp and replaced the extractor unit. Took it out twice and it did run better, but still not good enough for me to carry. It ran fine with Critical Defense ammo but had occasional failures to lock back on the last round and a failure to feed with Federal HST, which is my preferred carry round. I've replaced it with a M&P Shield which I've had great success with.

Thanks for the update. My Shield has served me well for many years (after a trip back to S&W right when I got it). My one gripe about the Shield was always the lack of grip texture. I may just pick up an M2.0 Shield 9mm.

However, I have recently replaced the striker in my P365 with a Stainless steel one, so I do not have that worry in my mind anymore.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Thanks for the update. My Shield has served me well for many years (after a trip back to S&W right when I got it). My one gripe about the Shield was always the lack of grip texture. I may just pick up an M2.0 Shield 9mm.

However, I have recently replaced the striker in my P365 with a Stainless steel one, so I do not have that worry in my mind anymore.
    Clay,
    Keep us updated on how your p365 performs with the new striker. I was thinking about replacing mine as well but my gunsmith told me to wait and see first. I'm thinking about replacing the trigger as well. I also bought a S@W 9 mm shield for carry purposes. I've put 100 rounds thru my 365 with two minor problems. However there is enough documented problems with it that I wont put it into my carry rotation as of yet!!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I will keep yall posted. I have about 100 rounds on the new striker and will be putting some more through the P365 today.

As for Talon grips, I love them! I am on my 4th set on my Shield I think.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    I'll go ahead and share my experience as well. I bought my P365 in April. It was the first one my LGS got. Born sometime in March, can't remember the exact day. It's the "gen 2" with the better night sights. I put about 300 rounds through it and carried it every day until I started hearing about the striker problems. I immediately ordered a Lightning striker and carried my LCP in the meantime. Got the new striker a week and a half later. Got another 250 rounds through it since then with no problems. Only had 1 FTE in the 1st 150 rounds through the gun. And that was using some old aluminum case ammo a buddy gave me. It's in my EDC rotation. I trust it.

Top Bottom