• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nothing is settled of course. But doing just the math, it looks grim for Trump. The Supreme court only rules on Constitutional issues in the election. I am reading some history in SCOUS rulings, and it is interesting that they have in past generaly held that the individual states have the right to set the rules on how votes are counted and deadlines. for usch. The challenges in Wis, Mich, and PA will probably be along the lines of PA allowing ballots postmarked after the election day being counted. It is going to be argues that since bills, and legal documents mailed are accepted as being paid or filed based on postmark, it states to logic that ballots postmarked on or before 11 - 3- 2020 are valid, after that no. This is going to be very interesting legally.

PA specifically stated that mail in ballots received after the election would not need a clear postmark. That is a big part of why the case went to court in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    A republican representative needs to put EYES on the physical ballots and cut the BS. Being able to review the ballots is an agreement made when mail in ballots are in play in an election. Pennsylvania and a few other key states are being very vague and not allowing these to be seen at all. Do you think that is acceptable?

Not no, but HELL NO!!!! but what I think is acceptable or not is not material here. What the PA law states and whether or not it is Constitutional is.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Almost sure to end up 52-48.
    A lot hinges on the special election in GA. Looking at the votes totals so far, and the county break downs. It is going to be very close. All depends on how and what happens in the pre-runnoff campaign

I agree that it is looking that way, but it could end up being 51 49. Anything to keep that loon Harris from being a tie breaker.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A lot hinges on the special election in GA. Looking at the votes totals so far, and the county break downs. It is going to be very close. All depends on how and what happens in the pre-runnoff campaign

I agree that it is looking that way, but it could end up being 51 49. Anything to keep that loon Harris from being a tie breaker.
    Add up the votes for both R candidates and they far outnumber the D. And in the runoff, I would expect all of the R votes (from both candidates in the general) to go for the R candidate.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    The Congress will have a weakened Democrat House, and a Republican majority Senate. Regardless of who is President, and if recent history is any indication, there will be gridlock on the Hill, unless someone can swallow some serious horse-trading. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

And I agree, "what-iffing" at this time is pointless.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My thoughts? It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and she hasn't shown up yet.

IF Biden/Harris win, I'm not worried because both are idiots. Yeah she made some inflamed speeches about going after guns, but she knows it's bullshit to pander to her supporters and that she, even as president would never hold that power on her own. Obama tried, and it didn't work out for him and Harris will find out it won't work for her either.

Plus, with Barrett sitting on the Supreme Court, I do feel a bit safer in regards to any nonsense pulled by Democrats, even IF Biden and Harris get the Whitehouse.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Could LTCs be used for gun confiscation? Yes. So could 4473s, voting records, range memberships, and credit card receipts.

Now, if boots actually hit the ground, the reality of confiscation will be a lot different.....and costly to all sides. The loss of faith and hope can be powerful motivation in a fight.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dmh

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Add up the votes for both R candidates and they far outnumber the D. And in the runoff, I would expect all of the R votes (from both candidates in the general) to go for the R candidate.
    Generally that is how it works. The key voter theory is how many of those R voters voted against the other R candidate?? How many of the voters who voted against the other candidate would vote for the runnoff R candidate ? How many who voted against the losing R candiate would vote against the R candidate in the runoff and vote D, because they just will not vote for the candidate no matter what? How many will vote for the R candidate regardless of who it is?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Generally that is how it works. The key voter theory is how many of those R voters voted against the other R candidate?? How many of the voters who voted against the other candidate would vote for the runnoff R candidate ? How many who voted against the losing R candiate would vote against the R candidate in the runoff and vote D, because they just will not vote for the candidate no matter what? How many will vote for the R candidate regardless of who it is?
    How many people who would vote for any R would ever vote for a D?

Anything is possible. But the R is viewed (and common sense agrees) that the R is a heavy favorite.

I ain't sweating that one.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    The Congress will have a weakened Democrat House, and a Republican majority Senate. Regardless of who is President, and if recent history is any indication, there will be gridlock on the Hill, unless someone can swallow some serious horse-trading. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

And I agree, "what-iffing" at this time is pointless.
    There are a few things that we can count on:
    1) The Dems want to take our guns
    2) This is not a new feature, Obama wanted to take our guns
    3) It is a lot harder than the Dems think to accomplish.
    4) likely it will play out that some states will "ignore" and not enforce federal laws that they do not agree with, just as "weed" is basically legal in many states
    5) biggest effect for us in Texas will be continued shortages and high prices
    6) best to be low profile for the time being

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The title was carefully chosen to get the TGT members to look at this post.
    Abusive, derogatory, sarcastic, belittling comments do absolutely nothing to further conversation about this real topic.
    Discussion looking at logic, flaws in analysis of the possible ramifications of this election as well as any and all statements of personal fears, concerns and worries over the potential for abuse of the LTC records are certainly encouraged and needed. Snarky comments really do not enhance this discussion.
    The title makes you look like a silly doomer. Many people will lose any interest in what you say after that.

Top Bottom